Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Paintball Tournaments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2007, 08:30 AM
See You In The Middle

Default Re: Spyder Cup 2007

Again I am checking up on the confirmation email. Still nothing, and I notice the funds have still not been withdrawn from my account.

?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:01 AM

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack In The Box
Again I am checking up on the confirmation email. Still nothing, and I notice the funds have still not been withdrawn from my account.

?
PM me your team name, i'll take a sneek peak and let you know whats up.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
kingman-rep

is the official blowback ruling that the marker must operate in a means by which the hammer and bolt are both returned to rest at the same time by means of air pressure which is applied upon the valve stem?
dont forget about meee
Old 04-17-2007, 02:33 PM

Administrator

Your obviously fishing for a loophole in rules. Don't bother. We reserve the right to change the rules when necessary.

You can only use a blowback SPYDER marker with a mechanical sear.

You can not modify the original operation of the marker for this Tournament.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 PM
THE GAME

I'm not fishing for loophole rules, I'm looking to see if i can use a pneumatic ram to operate the sear rather than a large power-hungry electro magnet that only runs on RECHARGEABLE 9.6 volt batteries. It's a pet peeve of mine. I'd like to be able to use the rather common 9v battery, plus i was looking for a morlock board project. Technically I would classify it as an upgrade electronics board, officials at Kingman might not, hence the question. The blowback design isn't a bad design, I just wish to smooth out some wrinkles that rub me the wrong way, not actual operation that causes the ball to fire.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:22 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Quote:
I'm not fishing for loophole rules, I'm looking to see if i can use a pneumatic ram to operate the sear rather than a large power-hungry electro magnet that only runs on RECHARGEABLE 9.6 volt batteries. It's a pet peeve of mine. I'd like to be able to use the rather common 9v battery, plus i was looking for a morlock board project. Technically I would classify it as an upgrade electronics board, officials at Kingman might not, hence the question. The blowback design isn't a bad design, I just wish to smooth out some wrinkles that rub me the wrong way, not actual operation that causes the ball to fire.
So nice that by posting that you seem to agree with exaxctly what Kingrep mentioned. You're looking for an edge and they're saying no one will have an edge. Regular stacked tube blowbacks and that's it. Makes perfect sense to me. Then you might have to rely on skill if everything is equaled -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-18-2007, 04:25 AM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
So nice that by posting that you seem to agree with exaxctly what Kingrep mentioned. You're looking for an edge and they're saying no one will have an edge. Regular stacked tube blowbacks and that's it. Makes perfect sense to me. Then you might have to rely on skill if everything is equaled -
anyone can drop in an electronics board that uses the electromagnet more efficently, and by the rules, that appears to be legal. I'm just wondering if i can drop in a board that preplaces the electromagent w/ a less powerful electromagent that is air assisted. the gun still fuctions the same, but it is a project i've wanted to do, but still yeilds the same results as the drop in upgrade board.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 AM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Spyder Markers Only. Every device used to propel a paintball during any Spyder Cup 2007 event must be a Spyder paintball marker and must be recognizable as such. Upgrades to the barrel, regulator, feed neck, grips, bolt, expansion chamber, and external cosmetics will be allowed as long as the marker can still be easily recognized as a Spyder marker and the basic functioning of the marker remains that of a Spyder. At no point may the Spyder name or logo on a marker be covered or removed. Each player will only be allowed to carry one marker with one attached barrel during each match.
Seems pretty clear to me as far as your question HDH, however, it seems to leave hanging everyone who has gotten their marker re-annoed, also, what about halfback markers?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Spyder Addict

After I sell my wifes parts and buy her a VS2...I'm having the body annod purple...I'm going to pay to have the spyder vs2 tattoo put back on...if re annoing is a must and people want to compete in spyder cups present and future...the extra few bucks is worth it.

Half backed with a spyder logo to people in the spyder world should be recognizable, I would think.

Though people ask me what I'm shooting all the time and besides V/a and eye covers ther are no cosmetic changes what so ever.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 04-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Weeeee!

Quote:
anyone can drop in an electronics board that uses the electromagnet more efficently, and by the rules, that appears to be legal. I'm just wondering if i can drop in a board that preplaces the electromagent w/ a less powerful electromagent that is air assisted. the gun still fuctions the same, but it is a project i've wanted to do, but still yeilds the same results as the drop in upgrade board.

Only boards that will be legal to my knowledge are stock boards and the Tadao boards coming out in June.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.