Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which is the best for working your way up in tourney ball?
go for the rail asap 14 66.67%
upgrade the pilot until team is better 2 9.52%
use pilot and get high-end next year 2 9.52%
get the vs2 until better 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

Default Re: need opinion on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Glad I could help!

I've been thinking of getting an UL frame, but don't know if I want to drop the 200 bucks on it. The stock frame is great - really comfy, so it's mostly that I just want to upgrade it, but I have small hands and would really like to try one to see if it really is all that much better.

If you're thinking of an UL barrel, I'm not so sure I would go that route. I know they're good barrels, but I'm of the same school of thought that was rather prevalent a few years ago - any aftermarket barrel is good, and if it's over 50.00 it's sort of a waste, IMHO.

ttam - good decision! Honestly, this gun serves it's purpose wonderfully whether you get thick into tournaments or not. You'll definitely like it. However, on the off chance you won't, I've noticed that resale has not dropped much at all on these guns. It's a win-win situation!
me: small hands shooting a timmy. lol.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:37 AM
THE GAME

i'd like to give vike all of the credit, but mainly it was him saying it didn't suck, since i trust his judgement, and then these vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k9ggUfwLfI
-gave me an idea about fieldstripping and shows off the UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfbghGKSbg8
- a great video review.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I watched that second one before I bought mine also. Helped me make up my mind after that. I'll try to get a video made this week (Spring Break, YES!) and then I can post it to help others decide one way or the other.

Seriously though, back on the topic of the thread, the best way to decide is to just hold and shoot one. If you're like me, unfortunately, you don't have the opportunity to do this so you're just shooting in the dark when buying a gun - pardon the pun. My suggestion to the threadstarter is to go to your local field and see if you can shoot those guns and decide from that.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:20 PM
THE GAME

vike, if you do get a UL frame get alot of well lighted pics, cuz all i've seen so far is a bunch of bad pics of the UL on the pmr
Old 03-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Will do, but it might be awhile. I need to be able to justify the added expense for no added performance. Who knows? I may change my mind this week, though!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Finally!!!

get the rail and a good on/off asa w/bleed off. barrel kit wouldnt be a bad idea but the stock one is pretty accurate and as long as you stick with paint that has matches your barrel youll be fine. i talked my buddy into getting a rail and he palyed it for the first time this weekend and i was really impressed. one thing he was pleased with is how much less paint he used with the same number of kills if not more that he would get with his 06 electra. he no longer has to spray paint to get kills. as for the ul frame, save your money for tourny fee, better hopper, etc.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 03-19-2007, 05:32 PM
MattWilson#17

ok i probably will get the rail..the only thing keeping me from knowing it for sure is that i will probably only have around $1000 to play on this summer,and that has to cover the rail and tourney money and practice money for paint and everything else
Old 03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
MattWilson#17

ok so as yall know my plans were to get the rail this summer but im not sure if my budget can take that big of a dent or not.i will have about $1000..i already plan on buying something not paintball related that will cost me about $150 then the cost of tourneys will probably be around $400 so we are only looking at about $450 to spend on paintball so i still need to buy some other gear too so take another $100 and i have around $350..i mite need to go with the vs2.sooo..almost all of my other team mates are getting ions and i dont really like them as much as my pilot.the pilot is probably my favorite gun i have owned and i would like to stay with the spyder if i dont upgrade to a way better gun.how does the vs2 stack up against the ion in speed?