Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which is the best for working your way up in tourney ball?
go for the rail asap 14 66.67%
upgrade the pilot until team is better 2 9.52%
use pilot and get high-end next year 2 9.52%
get the vs2 until better 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
MattWilson#17

Smile need opinion on this one

ok..me and my friends got a team up a while ago and we arent bad.we will be playing a few tourneys this summer and hopefully work our way out of the begginer league...anyway i have been thinking about what to do with my marker and i have come up with 4 choices...either save up and buy a rail this summer and already have a good marker,upgrade my spyder pilot and use it until we get in the open or novice division,finish this year with my near stock pilot and buy a nice high-end gun next season,or buy a vs2 and upgrade it to use for awhile?..just need an opinion on this to see what yall would do in this situation,i have a pretty good idea about what i want to do but on the other hand i dont know all of(or most anyway)are upgrading to ions..i dont really like em all that much so i was looking at the vs2,also i was wondering if the vs2 close competition for the ion,both completely stock.
thanks for the help in advanced guys........and oh yeah its a public poll thanks guys
Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 PM
THE GAME

Default Re: need opinion on this one

either get the rail now, or buy a high end later, or buy rail now, trade for h.e.g later, or buy rail and up. so since 3/4 of mine invole the rail... get the rail is my answer

Rails are SICK.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I say get the rail, and forget about getting a "high end gun" later. Rails are fast, light, have all the modes you need on the stock frame, and the only thing, if any, that you might need to upgrade is the trigger, although some people like it. VS2's are nice, as are some Ions, but the Rail blows them all out of the water. I'm not going to compare the Rail to the PM6 or PM7 because honestly, who cares? It does EXACTLY what a tournament gun should do with ease of maintenance and use.

I have a Rail and it slings paint just as well, if not better, than my Shocker ever did - and that's a shocker with MEGA upgrades, compared to an almost stock Rail.

I really need to get a video up on this beast.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 PM
MattWilson#17

Post Re: need opinion on this one

ok thanks i was going tword the rail i was jw what some of you thought about it.....i would really like to see that vid
Old 03-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Banned

I'd stick with a pilot unless you feel it lacks what you want in a marker. Pilots are great markers. But its up to you. I'd go with a Rail myself.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
THE GAME

I'm buying a rail because of vikes review. but im gonna ultralite it.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Spyder Addict

I used my friends rail and that gun rips stock. Some people may think the stock parts suck but they aren't that bad, Id take a stock rail over any upped ion any time.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Spyder Addict

Stick withthe pilot until you realy get into the thick of things
Old 03-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
I'm buying a rail because of vikes review. but im gonna ultralite it.
Glad I could help!

I've been thinking of getting an UL frame, but don't know if I want to drop the 200 bucks on it. The stock frame is great - really comfy, so it's mostly that I just want to upgrade it, but I have small hands and would really like to try one to see if it really is all that much better.

If you're thinking of an UL barrel, I'm not so sure I would go that route. I know they're good barrels, but I'm of the same school of thought that was rather prevalent a few years ago - any aftermarket barrel is good, and if it's over 50.00 it's sort of a waste, IMHO.

ttam - good decision! Honestly, this gun serves it's purpose wonderfully whether you get thick into tournaments or not. You'll definitely like it. However, on the off chance you won't, I've noticed that resale has not dropped much at all on these guns. It's a win-win situation!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:11 AM
Spyder Addict

oh I was under the assumption that hewas tourneyball or noball at all don't know why I thought that