Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Pilot ACS

Default Best paint for J&J Ceramic

Hey guys I just picked up a 14" J&J ceramic barrel and I wanted to see what kind of paint everyone was using with it. I notice a big difference in size to the stock barrel, and the Draxxus bronze I had is snug in the J&J when it falls through the stock barrel. What has had the best track record with these barrels? Thanks for the input guys.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:19 PM
<('.'<)C--('.'q)

Default Re: Best paint for J&J Ceramic

Yea, the stock has a large bore. Good job getting a jj, they're really a great barrel. Ive heard xball has a small bore, but the best way to test it is to see how snug it is in the barrel, like youve done. If you can blow into the barrel and the ball comes flying out, its a good match. If it falls through, the ball is a little small, or the barrel to big. You'll be fine with the JJ. Hey, you can shoot through breaks anyways with those.

One heart, One love, One Gun.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:28 PM
try not to let your mind wander, its too small to be out there alone

i used some pmi premium that i got for $40 a case and they were a PERFECT match to the bore
Old 03-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Pilot ACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross * pilot
Yea, the stock has a large bore. Good job getting a jj, they're really a great barrel. Ive heard xball has a small bore, but the best way to test it is to see how snug it is in the barrel, like youve done. If you can blow into the barrel and the ball comes flying out, its a good match. If it falls through, the ball is a little small, or the barrel to big. You'll be fine with the JJ. Hey, you can shoot through breaks anyways with those.
Yeah after all the good things I heard from you guys here, and reviews online I HAD to get it. I got like 110 bucks in gift card for the local paintball shop. I knew I wanted to get the J&J so I ended up driving across town to get it from the other store Lol. Had him hold the last one and everything, wonder how many people do that for that barrel.LOL. Anyways it looks like an awesome barrel and I can't wait to shoot with it.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

There really isnt a best paint for a certain barrel. Theres good paint and bad paint. The size of the bore helps accuracy and with good paint, it'll be pretty accurate.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Pilot ACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmanshooter
There really isnt a best paint for a certain barrel. Theres good paint and bad paint. The size of the bore helps accuracy and with good paint, it'll be pretty accurate.
Well, yea thats what I meant though. Just a paint that people have used that is a good size to avoid breaks and get decent accuracy. I know that paint is sort of a personal preference for most people. Hell my gun mostly stock is flawless with the Visible Impact paint from wall mart, as well as the stryker. Still never had a break/chop on my first 3 outings with my Pilot. With the new barrel I just wanted to steer clear of the bigger paint now. I've noticed the Draxxus seem to be a perfect size ball (.687-.689 is their rated size) and they were too small for my stock barrel but probably perfect for this J&J. Just time for some test & tune with it.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:18 PM
<('.'<)C--('.'q)

Sounds good. Good luck with the new barrel. Vid possibly?

One heart, One love, One Gun.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:40 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Nice barrel choice. I have a few ceramics. I use Ultra Evils in all my markers. Basically any RPS paints will be a good match for the J&J medium bore barrel. Which type depends on how much you want to spend. I always choose either Evil or Marbs from the RPS line though haven't used Marbs for quite a while -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-17-2007, 09:07 PM
try not to let your mind wander, its too small to be out there alone

i heard that the evil paint shell is very hard and that it bounces a lot. is that true?
Old 03-17-2007, 10:00 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Marbs have a tendency to bounce. Evils have a thinner more brittle shell which breaks on your target better -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216