Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2006, 07:19 AM

Question TL+ Prob.

Once again I'm having issues with my TL+ , and can not figure out what is causing it. Alright, so I gas up my marker and ssssssss... there is a gas leak, no biggie I fix the leak pull back the bolt and Clunk, clunk.. now this is a clunk and not a click like the ESP frame normally makes. It kind of sounds like there is too much pressure on the sear not allowing it to release the striker (yes the frame is fully charged). Ok, so I use my back up maker for the day. Once I get home I try it again...clunk, clunk...SOS. Ok so I pull the cover off and look at the Solenoid and it does not seem to be connecting with the sear...strange, so I try putting a penny behind the solenoid and cluk, cluk, the noid is not moving at all now. So I remove the frame from the body to get a good look at it. and click, click, it seems to be working. I add the penny again (Still not attached to the body) and Cluk..nope still nothing. To shorten this post up, It took 11 cents to get it to click again while on the body..cool I think as I gas it up and fire a few test shots after the second or third praaaaaaat..huh does not want to recock..the gauge shows there to be plenty of air, so I try it again with the same results it would fire maybe once the not recock. So my question is (about time huh) WTF???? Could the sear be sitting to low not allowing it to catch after being shot?? Could the Valve have a bad o-ring, and if so wouldn't I hear a leak from the valve area??? If anyone could be so kind and to help me with this issue I would be most thankfull. Now I have fixed many of Spyder's old and new with no problems, but strangely when It come to this one I can't seem to get it done.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Banned

Default Re: TL+ Prob.

can u take some pix of the sear/solenoid in ur trigger frame.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:26 AM

I do not have a dig. camera, but can borrow one if needed. Now, what am I taking a pic of and why?? Pic with it cocked or normal?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Bling Bling Bling

silly question... You are using the sear that came with the e-frame and not the one that came with gun right. I believe they are slightly different.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Banned

they shouldnt be different. unless the tl+ is special. i thought all the spyders were generally the same?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:58 AM

The Sear on a e-frame is different from that of a mech frame. I have used the e-frame for a few a few years now and just started having problems with it.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Mine came with a new striker, and when I ordered my DH Titanium striker you had to tell them whether you needed the e-striker or the regular one.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Banned

oh never new that. look in my slaes thread for stuff u might need.

heres the link=http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=480
Old 01-23-2006, 08:11 AM

If is a striker issue, wouldn't it of malfunctioned before now? It is quite possible that the striker is the problem, and I was able to get the frame to fire after I added a penny and a dime behine the solenoid, but that still does not explain why it would not recock or maybe it does.... huh.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Banned

idk. but i have a sanded striker and a new solenoid in my sales thread ifur intrested. the striker might have had 2 much wear. but all my parts in my sales thread is from a e-marker.