Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Paintball Terminology - A wifes disliking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
I learned respect, I was not taught it, I respect other ballers on the feild when playing, albeit, if I do not get respect I do not give respect. It may be the city boy in me, but if someone is acting like an asshat on the feild to me or my team, I am going to do it back, only classier and with humor. If you just sit back and take it you are not bettering the sport, you are showing those kids that they can do it without any retaliation, so they will do it more often. The same goes for wiping, and playing on. IMHO. Maybe it is a mix of the tourny baller and the city boy in me I dont know but that is the way I see it, I also fire my team up and what seems to do it the best is similiar to that of Dynastys pregame speaches.
The country boy in me was taught about respect even if it meant a boot in my butt (which happened on several occassions from my grandfather!) I was also taught that you don't have to respect those who don't respect you. Cheating of any kind doesn't cut it, and asshattedness (new word!) better not be allowed to be let go.

My grandad has a family rule IF someone ELSE starts it, YOU finish it...of course that comes in verying degrees and requires the use of common sense and doesn't mean you go around portraying the role of "barney bad butt" (that would earn you another boot in the butt).

I hate cheaters...if you're out...you're out...be a man and for god sakes don't be a tit baby!
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Barron and I share a common ideal. "You get what you give" when it comes to respect. That goes for the paintball field, as my neighbor or as an inmate at the prison. I can be a person's best friend, or their worst nightmare...it depends on THEM. Now, having said that:

My language is some of the most foul of sewage there is....and that's only if Jess (daughter) didn't do the dishes...

I don't know strikefirst at all, nor do I know his mannerisms - but I'd think it's just a case where "strikefirst's" wife is being hypersensitive to certain words or phrases...especially around the child. NOT that it's a bad thing, young children shouldn't have to hear that kind of stuff...

At the same time...wait until the child gets to school and starts learning new and colorful words from the other kids......that's going to give her an aneurysm
Old 03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
Barron and I share a common ideal. "You get what you give" when it comes to respect. That goes for the paintball field, as my neighbor or as an inmate at the prison. I can be a person's best friend, or their worst nightmare...it depends on THEM. Now, having said that:

My language is some of the most foul of sewage there is....and that's only if Jess (daughter) didn't do the dishes...

I don't know strikefirst at all, nor do I know his mannerisms - but I'd think it's just a case where "strikefirst's" wife is being hypersensitive to certain words or phrases...especially around the child. NOT that it's a bad thing, young children shouldn't have to hear that kind of stuff...

At the same time...wait until the child gets to school and starts learning new and colorful words from the other kids......that's going to give her an aneurysm
She goes this fall...My wife will stroke out...Though when I'm mad I can make a sailor blush.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback