FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007, 03:45 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Paintball Terminology - A wifes disliking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscum Guy
bryce? thats just random and stupid?
Hahaha, that's my first name!

I tell all the 5th graders when they come through that they aren't allowed to call me by my first name until the get to 9th grade (the middle school here is 5th - 8th) as a sign of respect. He hasn't done it at school yet, but I'll definitely make a point of letting him know about it if he does. Shoot, even my best friends kids don't call me Bryce, even the ones in high school!

Back to the topic at hand, I understand that each generation has it's particular venacular, and I respect that. However, when it comes to paintball, I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy. I just think you can say "I shot you" just as easily, and nicer, than you can say "I raped you, *****!"
Old 03-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Bling Bling Bling

My son says lots of fun things, but my wife thinks is it funny

Well it is kind of funny.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Spyder Addict

buahahaha lets rape some noobs.. i love IT

Feedback

The cocker

my babies
Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebh
im with vike on this one. mow faces? rape noobs? kill fools? ya, you're cool...
Mow faces is the only expression I use that may be considered offensive.

I would never you use ANY of the others you mentioned...for god sake I've got a 5 year old that watches me play!

And who wants to be "gangsta" on the field...Those guys get bonus balls.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 AM
RaWr

Now I would like to set myself straight here, my wife and I are very professional on the feild. when pep talking our team is when things get vulgar or ignorant, it hypes up the team, when on the feild there is no form of trashtalking or anything of the sort.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 03-13-2007, 12:31 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
Now I would like to set myself straight here, my wife and I are very professional on the feild. when pep talking our team is when things get vulgar or ignorant, it hypes up the team, when on the feild there is no form of trashtalking or anything of the sort.
Yeah, I found it rather amusing how many f-bombs are dropped in pre-game pep talks of the pro vids I've seen.
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Hahaha, that's my first name!
I just think you can say "I shot you" just as easily, and nicer, than you can say "I raped you, *****!"
hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickclicksplat
Yeah, I found it rather amusing how many f-bombs are dropped in pre-game pep talks of the pro vids I've seen.
ever seen dynasty
Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Captain of Team Specter > The Reapers Hand

I've always thought the mow faces phrase was stupid... but the contract killer hybrid grips, back plates etc... don't bother me its when the kids on the field try and act gangsta. I don't mind some trash talk on the field, but its best to keep it under control for the image of the sport.

just my .02
Old 03-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

I must be old to. When I'm out there and someone takes me out with an exceptional shot, I'll actually tell them it was a great shot, good job! It must just be that us old guys are from a generation where respect was taught to us by our parents. I'm trying to instill that in my 14 year old as well, he doesn't talk crap, or swear when we play. Granted one day he was really ticked off after getting bonus balled at our local field and started to get out of hand with his language and I made him sit out a game.
2 - IONs - 360 QEV, Egg II, Redz Clamping Feedneck, TechT L7,ND Detents. Freak w/ All American Front

Old 03-14-2007, 11:29 AM
RaWr

I learned respect, I was not taught it, I respect other ballers on the feild when playing, albeit, if I do not get respect I do not give respect. It may be the city boy in me, but if someone is acting like an asshat on the feild to me or my team, I am going to do it back, only classier and with humor. If you just sit back and take it you are not bettering the sport, you are showing those kids that they can do it without any retaliation, so they will do it more often. The same goes for wiping, and playing on. IMHO. Maybe it is a mix of the tourny baller and the city boy in me I dont know but that is the way I see it, I also fire my team up and what seems to do it the best is similiar to that of Dynastys pregame speaches.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."