Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: Get Paintball In The X Games

hahaha, i <3 TRB

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

10 million players in 2004 isn't enough to practice with? It's the 3rd most played "extreme" God I hate that term sport in the world, and yet we need it in the "X" games or the olympics to get more people into the sport? Come on, guys!

IMHO, the game is ellitist enough without bringing in the added pressure of adding it to this "games" or that. Let's just leave it as it is - and try to clean up the image of it before trying to mainstream it more. Until people stop being gangsta trying to "kill" people and "I'm so bad ass let's take it to the field and I'll shoot you in the face" and "OMGORZ INSERT LEET SPEAK HERE" and stop buying guns at Wal-Mart to be bad ass while they're shooting up buildings, signs and homeless people, this sport will NEVER be taken seriously enough by the average adult, let alone the average lay person, so I don't see this as a possiblity in any near future.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:06 AM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

walmart guns are very badass.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Banned

Blade/Talons FTW
Old 03-10-2007, 05:53 AM

there overpriced to. $30 for a talon!
Old 03-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Banned

Nahhh. My friend has BNIB for $10

I'm tempted to buy it.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

It won't ever go mainstream. It's too boring to watch. If you look at any sport on tv you will notice that the camera concentrates on one thing. Most of the time is some type of ball. All players on the field are concentrated on one thing also. All spectators whether live or at home are concentrating on one thing not every single player running around doing there own moves.

I've had so many people come up to me and say "sup man watched paintball on espn friday night it was pretty cool" just to start conversation. I usually end up saying "it's boring" and they change there tune and end up saying the same thing "yeah I couldn't keep up with it or couldn't figure out what was going on half the time". Which is why the hot dog eating contest get better ratings than paintball.

And I agree about the athletic part of the sport. Some pro's/semi pro's aren't exactly what you would call conditioned or athletic. Have you ever seen some with normal clothing on? Not exactly marketable.

JB.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAZ123
It won't ever go mainstream. It's too boring to watch. If you look at any sport on tv you will notice that the camera concentrates on one thing. Most of the time is some type of ball. All players on the field are concentrated on one thing also. All spectators whether live or at home are concentrating on one thing not every single player running around doing there own moves.

I've had so many people come up to me and say "sup man watched paintball on espn friday night it was pretty cool" just to start conversation. I usually end up saying "it's boring" and they change there tune and end up saying the same thing "yeah I couldn't keep up with it or couldn't figure out what was going on half the time". Which is why the hot dog eating contest get better ratings than paintball.

And I agree about the athletic part of the sport. Some pro's/semi pro's aren't exactly what you would call conditioned or athletic. Have you ever seen some with normal clothing on? Not exactly marketable.

JB.
exactly. you cant watch the whole field.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:28 AM
See You In The Middle

Assaults your eyes, hehe, guess its doing its job then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheroguy
what

but I want paintball in the x-games and your sig assualts my eyes jack in the box
Old 03-10-2007, 07:55 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Another thing is in order to put Paintball in the X-games, they have to change the format completely.

If any of you remember the whole "Moneyball" thing, that was supposed to make it more suitable for X-games and their audience. Where you only get points for flag pulls, not for getting people out.

Personally, I don't care whether or not Paintball gets into X-Games, if it does, cool, if it doesn't, cool. I'd just much rather play it than watch it.