Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Stock help!

yeah, It looks pretty good but it would look awesome with the m16 rail. I also want the pieces of wood (that covers the screws to rise it) to look a little more apart of it as if it was on purpose, i will later try different materials and such but that is good for now.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
MR2 X-style

I put my stock on when I broke it out of the box the very first time, looked down the marker and immediately knew this wasn't going to work. Mainly because I like having scopes and often mount an NVG to my marker, so being able to look down the marker is a key component for me. I did the old hacksaw to the top rail and still hated it. Just do not like the style of it and it doesn't not resemble any stock of any real weapon anyway and I just love MILSIM!

But I just found a suitable stock in a style I like,so I am currently working on a custom stock for my MR2 and should be done with it wthin a week, just working out the final details of mounting it so it will be a firm and robust stock that will take a beating. I'll get some pics up soon once it's done. I finally have my vision for what I want my marker to look like and no one sells the parts for how I want it to look. I already have a marker that looks like an M4, see the photos section, mine is the only one there... http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1311/

So I am going for a different look this time!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:13 PM
New Guy

Sounds good, I think I have decided what I am going to do and it will involve some money but I got a crappy job to fund that. I am going to buy the "JCS RVA Voodoo Folding Stock" http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=3466 as well as the m4 carbine barrel http://rap4.com/paintball/os/barrel-...2_220_373.html And the last item would be the m4 style sight and scope mount base. http://rap4.com/paintball/os/spyder-...le-p-1876.html, http://rap4.com/paintball/os/m16m4-s...ase-p-146.html
Old 04-17-2007, 05:24 PM
MR2 X-style

Ok, here's my finished stock. It's an Opsgear 98custom G36 stock I purchased onsale from Opsgear for $19.99, then modified it to fit to my MR2.

It is shorter than the original stock by almost 3 inches so it brings it in nice and close, which I like a smaller profile anyway. Everyone might not like it though.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

oopsself: So thats the G63 MR2 I've been talking to you about...

All you need now is a shroud in the front.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 04-17-2007, 06:59 PM
New Guy

that's pretty sweet, in march I bought the Blackpoint engeneering voodo stock. I am still waiting for it but it will be really awesome when it comes in. I also went on ebay and bought an m16 carry handle that fits fairly well except I have to modify the elbow so It will fit.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I now see how redundant this name is......

you got any idea how to get the folding version on an MR1?

its amazing how 'no' is the same in so many languages, but its the one word so few people can understand.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 PM
MR2 X-style

Still working on the shroud, I'm basically carving it out of a 2x3x6 inch block of delrin using a puddy knife(J/K), but I have limited tooling tools available so it's slow going, besides the J-O-B and the old ball and chain.

I'm pondering other methods to make the shroud... but will probably use the first one as a building block to making a better one.

The stock came out pretty good, ha s abit of an angle to it, I didn't cut the upper chamber rod at a 90degree angle apparently so it lifts up a bit after screwing it into the g36 stock. There was the folding stock, but it eliminates access to the velocity screw and it doesn't quite match the marker very well when folded up.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM

Great work as always Viper - looking forward to the complete mod.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Swiper no Swiping!

Viper, Nice work, let me know how that shroud turns out, what handle is that on your gun it should work with my shroud. And how hard was that stock to fit.