Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Pilot ACS

Default Pilot ACS Problem.. Please Help

I think this has been addressed before, but I could not find it from browsing. When I shoot my Pilot on Semi it it acts like it is in auto and fire multiple times in a row. What makes it do this. The gun is only a week old, does a low battery cause this problem? Any help on this would really help. Thanx guys!

-Sam
Old 02-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Finally!!!

Default Re: Pilot ACS Problem.. Please Help

There are a couple of possiblities but the most likely one is that the trigger is bouncing, the recoil of the marker firing is actuating the micro switch. You need to experiment with trigger adjustment especially the setscrew that is on the trigger itself. That setscrew determins how far the trigger continues to travel after it has actuated the microswitch. Set it so that under light pressure it won't actuate the switch however slightly more pressure will. From there tweak it to your liking. Trigger bounce is an issue with any "blowback" marker and you need to tune the trigger pull to help reduce it. Considering how new your marker is, it is unlikely that you have an issue with the sear or other components but that doesn't mean there is not an issue either. Try the trigger adjustment and if that doesn't help let us know and we'll throw other ideas out there for you to try. Welcome aboard!!
Another great place to look is www.otterscustoms.com, there is everything you ever wanted to know about your marker there and a ton of mod's that you maybe interested in.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Pilot ACS

Which screw on the trigger do i adjust? the one on the top or the one in the center of the trigger right below where it meets the switch? I see that it is a little piece that hits right below the switch when the trigger is fully pressed in.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Finally!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbx133
one in the center of the trigger right below where it meets the switch? I see that it is a little piece that hits right below the switch when the trigger is fully pressed in.
That's the one.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Pilot ACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVS1
That's the one.
So in general theory where does it usually work best at? you want it to extend out further toward the switch so that the switch doesn't get hit as much? Whats the basic rule as to how that adjustment screw works?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Finally!!!

It depends on how you shoot it. If you set it up so that it stops right at actuating the switch you will probably have bounce, some people want this because it will give you a "full auto" function when you sweetspot the trigger. Problem is it's not real reliable and any decent tourny marker inspector won't let you on the field with it setup like that. You can make it so that the trigger travels well past the point of actuating the switch, which will help make bounce a little less likely. And finally you can have it setup so that when the trigger is pulled under light pressure it won't actuate the switch until you squeeze the trigger slightly harder, this makes walking the trigger damn near impossible but if you "slap" the trigger it will fire fairly quickly. As you may have caught on to by now there are trade offs for tuning your trigger, the only way to make trigger bounce go way with out having to give something else up is to get an after market board that has electronic "debounce" settings. Play with the trigger adjustment, if you just can't get it where you want it then consider getting an after market board, Scenario Dreams t-board, Lucky Spitfire, etc.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 02-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Pilot ACS

So the basic rule on the pilots when they are setup normal is that you have to pull the trigger a little harder on semi or it can rapid fire? It's only doing it on softer pulls so it prob is a bouncing problem. Weird thing is no matter where i adjust the trigger it does it about the same. What does the coin trick behind the solenoid do?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Finally!!!

The reason it does it on the softer pull is because your trigger is right at the actuation point of the switch, it fires and if your finger/trigger remains in the same place the recoil of the marker firing is just enough to reset the switch and actuate it again. I got so fed up with trying to resolve trigger bounce that I decided to drop the money and upgrade to a new board and it was well worth it.
As for putting a coin behind the solenoid, it makes it so that the solenoid doesn't travel as far when cycling, some say it helps make their cycle times quicker, others don't notice any difference at all. The only thing that is for sure is that the noid doesn't travel as far with the coin there, which may help extend the life of the noid, however the electronic signal to the noid, on a stock board is the same no matter what you do. I've tried it both ways and can't honestly say I saw a noticable difference.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Pilot ACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVS1
The reason it does it on the softer pull is because your trigger is right at the actuation point of the switch, it fires and if your finger/trigger remains in the same place the recoil of the marker firing is just enough to reset the switch and actuate it again. I got so fed up with trying to resolve trigger bounce that I decided to drop the money and upgrade to a new board and it was well worth it.
Sounds about right as far as what it seems to be doing. It really scared me because I really didn't notice it doing it the first time I used the gun. Guess for now I will just have to pull the trigger harder when in semi so It doesn't bounce as bad. Makes it act sort of like a RT on a tippman lol. What kinda board did you go to?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:30 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Have you made sure that its bounce? I haven't heard of a stock gun having bounce issues.

Take out the gun get ready to fire and press and hold the trigger, making sure that it does not come off the microswitch, does it fire once, or more than once, if it fires once, try firing like you were before and see if fires more than one time, if it does then your issue is bounce, but if it doesn't, you have another problem.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE