Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Spyder Addict

Default need some help

im new to the electra 05 and i have a few questions. im looking to upgrade to compressed air, whats a good tank to buy, and does the electra handle low pressure (less the say 850psi output). also, i was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the gun switching back to semi auto from the other fiering modes. third question, does anyone elses hand grip not quite fit right? mine has a gap on the side with the battery. other then that, what are some good upgrades for not too much money, im rekindling my love of the game and want a good set up to play with.

thanks guys!

set up
electra 05
halo B
20oz C02
stock barell
Old 01-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm Back!

Default Re: need some help

the difference in pressure is usually not that much different.
for it switching back, open up your frame, and there should be a red jumper, if it is loose, you may be able to switch modes, but it will go back to semi this is the tourney lock, removing this jumper does not allow you to leave semi auto. so if it is loose, press it back down. if not, your battery might be low.
your grips might not fit right because, well, they're plastic and plastic gets bent.
for upgrades go here: The Bible. this should give you all the info you need, and if you still have questions, ask.

Three years is too long without paintball.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:01 PM

Respected, period.

Tank wise there are many good tank manufactures. A couple of the top companies are Crossfire and Pure Energy (PMI), usually these can both be found for a decent price. You will however need and HP tank. There are 3 basic types of compressed air tanks, LP (low pressure) which have a output pressure usually no higher than 400-500psi, HP (high pressure) which usually have an output pressure around 800-850psi and then adjustables which you can adjust their output pressure. Stock Spyders operate around 800psi so you need the HP tank. Plus if decide to lower the operating pressure of your Spyder to make it more effiecent or upgrade to a higher end gun that requires a lower operating pressure you add a regulator you can adjust your pressure using that and your tank will be much more versitile.

I think smurf covered the rest for you.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Marine Corps.

Well.. since your spyder is stock ... it should have to run on a high pressure tank ... you could probably get a PMI fixed 72/3k for about ... 64 bucks here. The, grip problem could always be because your battery isn't in right. You could get an aggitating hopper like an eggy for around 40 bucks used on pbnation .. then you could get a torpedo (regulator) for about 35 on pbnation .. but i have found a few for 30 .. then an assault block for 25 (VA) ... also you could switch to HPA
Old 01-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Spyder Addict

1 more thing....is N2 the same as high pressure air?...i think im leaning twords a crossfire 45/4500
Old 01-22-2006, 03:56 AM

Respected, period.

Yup, N2 and HPA (high pressure air) are one in the same and that is an excellent choice in tanks, you'll be very happy. Just a fair warning though, there were some tanks that were recalled by crossfire a while back. So, if you buy one used make sure you check the E# first. Go here, it has all the info you need about Crossfire tanks

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Spyder Addict

well seeing as how i cant find a crossfire 45/45 anywhere for under 200, i think ill go with the pmi 45/45..i hear good things thanks for the help guys
Old 01-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Marine Corps.

hah yup no problem just ask questions anytime you want
Old 01-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Sprayin and Prayin.

would it be bad for my gun if I left my HPA tank w/preasure on it all the time?
Old 01-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned

no it will be fine. the only bad thing is is might have lost a little pressure but thats it.