Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
New Guy

Default Having the worst time with my tl. Can't fix.

I got my Spyder TL used on craigslist a couple weeks ago and have been going through it since the night I got it trying to figure out the problem. I guess its what most people in the spyder community call "burping" and i know that there are alot of people who have already posted this kind of stuff, but i've tried things like: replace the orings (not with the exact ones just some eagle knock-offs), oil everything, unoil everything, disassemble the entire gun, and it still backfires. My sear doesnt seem to be rounded although i dont know what people mean by rounded. I've tried changing the velocity and that doesnt work. I've tried even switching triggers+the grip from another guys military paintball pistol! I have no idea what is wrong and its bugging me, I want to sand it but will that really make a difference? I cant tell what the problem is and i really could use some help. Thanks very much. Busychild
Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Weeeee!

Default Re: Having the worst time with my tl. Can't fix.

What I would do is make sure that the valve spring is sitting ok and that it is the right length. If it is too long or not sitting right it may not allow the valve to open correctly. I would also try a softer main spring and see if that helps out at all. Lastly change and oil the oring on the striker and make sure it is making a good seal to catch all the air it can to help recock. Let us know how it goes and welcome to the forums.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

First, Welome to the forum! You will find alot of great, helpful people here.
Now, when you say you replaced the o rings, I assume you replaced the striker o ring too and oiled them all. Also, safe to say your air/CO2 supply is full right? In that case, I suggest removing the valve body and replacing the o rings on it. I have picked several non cared for Spyders that had rotton, stiff o rings on the valve body that caused burping/no recock problems.
Try removing the valve, re o ring it, reinstall and let us know...I think you will be in business!
Again, welcome!
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
New Guy

Smile Re: Having the worst time with my tl. Can't fix.

Thanks for the welcome i really appreciate it and your advice which worked. I replaced some rotten orings (I didnt know the hardness counted as a factor) and checked the valve again and also took the advice from some guys in another part of this website and went to the kingman webpage and found some assembly and disassembly videos that showed the other problem i was having. For the longest time i didnt see this black rubber washer shape thing on the diagrams for the tl. Then, the guy in the video comes outright and says don't put this little rubber washer in front of the striker which i had done since that was how it was when i took it apart the first time. Its called a striker buffer. So now i'm only clueless on where it goes but the gun works beautifully now. Thanks again for the welcome and the support!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Weeeee!

Striker buffer goes on the back of the gun. After you put the striker in. It prevents the striker from going too far and hitting the velocity adjuster.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:45 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Rather, it dampens the impact of the striker.

Welcome to the forums busychild721 .
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 02-27-2007, 07:46 PM
New Guy

Thanks guys I appreciate it.