Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
New Guy

Default problems with lp

Alright guys Ive decided to stick with my gun and lp set up even though my friends with egos and angels all laugh at me. Ive owned 3 spyders and love them all. The only one Im having problems with is my LP spyder. Heres my question: (first read my set up so this makes it easier)

I have my exhaust port plugged for the maddman rocket valve. I can get my marker to recock at 250 psi. with the light main spring and get a fps of about 240. My problem is that I am still having recocking issues when I am on the field. Should I up my main spring and get a longer dwell time? or should I snip my light spring to get better recocking???(because it seems to work better the further I take out my velosity screw) Also would my plugging the exhaust port have anything to do with the recocking problem possibly creating a vaccum???

Just a side note my gun seems to work better when I oil it after every game but it only goes so far.
thanks in advance
Old 02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Paintball and Drumline!

Default Re: problems with lp

Exhaust port, what? try a tweaking your rocket valve to make the spring weaker therefore creating more airflow, if you marker uncocks at ANY time when it shouldnt then you should probably up the pressure to 300, i know you dont want to but if thats what it comes to. you also know you need to tweak something when the only way it will work is if you oil it after EVERY GAME. after a day of play and before the next is all that it should take.
PMI 48/3000
Dye I3 Pro Goggles
NXe Dynasty 3+2+2 Pack
Future Ups:
Empire Revolver Barrel Kit
Trinity Reverse 7* Block
CP Grip Reg
HobbyHorse Fittings
CP DMount ASA On/Off
PMI 68/4500
Old 02-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Finally!!!

I don't see anything other than what in your avatar and the valve and spring setup you mentioned. Drummer's right about bringing your operating pressure up some. Running 300psi or less on compressed air is pretty good. If you want to bring the operating pressure back down once you get it running consistantly, look at getting a lightened striker, that will give you about 30 psi drop in operating pressure and at the same time a slight increase in fps.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Paintball and Drumline!

i just read on sundragonpps that blocking the exhaust port by the valve screw on the bottom of the body CAN in fact create a "suction" effect, try unblocking that hole then test it out. also try modifying your striker like MVS1 suggested to get the most efficiency out of your gun. and mvs is right 300 psi is still pretty good when you are talking about a gun that came stock running at about 800 psi.
PMI 48/3000
Dye I3 Pro Goggles
NXe Dynasty 3+2+2 Pack
Future Ups:
Empire Revolver Barrel Kit
Trinity Reverse 7* Block
CP Grip Reg
HobbyHorse Fittings
CP DMount ASA On/Off
PMI 68/4500
Old 02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Yeah, so far in my experience, blocking the exhaust has only been bad. IF you have a poor breach seal it'd help to a degree, but with a good breach seal like most LP setups have it doesn't work too well.

Remove the plug and then see how it works out.

When I did it, I had it working great, and then i plugged the exhaust port, I went to the field, and I had to increase my input pressure to around 500psi to get the gun working right. I figured out later, the tape I had covering the exhaust prevented the gun from working right, and was killing my velocity.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 02-19-2007, 08:26 PM
300 fps

get a spring kit and mess with the different spring combinations.......On my Classic Spyder LP set-up I jsut did, I ended up using a stiff main spring and a med. valve. at 275 psi. shooting 275-280fps.

If I lowered the main to a med. or stock spring I got about 250fps and needed a light valve to up it to 270fps but would not go any higher at that psi. 300psi would probably work with this spring combo but I wanted to keep it lower.

It takes time to find what works the best and all guns differ from gun to gun. Go to Otters site, theres a lot of info on LP.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Spyder Addict

i think its time you increase your pressure a bit.

using a harder main spring might increase the dwell, but you won't have the momentum and force from the low pressure to push it back.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:17 AM
PGP Packin'!!

Wow 250psi huh ... i was just going to try and get in the 400's with mine ...

up the pressure as previously mentioned ... 300 is still great ...
Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 AM
Spyder Addict

I have a maddman...

First try the next spring up.

If that doesn't work slightly up you PSI...have you tweaked your dwell by adjusting the srp on the valve pin?
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 AM
New Guy

Thanks guys for the imput I'm going to try to unplug my exhaust port to see if that yeilds better results will tell shortly.
I already have all of the other stuff mentioned like lighter striker and spring kit so I will mess around with that if it removing exhaust port doesnt help.
thanks again!!