Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2007, 08:55 AM
New Guy

Default breaK beam eyes

ok so i just got the eyes installed on my gun the problem is that they can only detect black paintballs? ive tried blue red and orange but it cannot detect them but when i drop a black paintball in no problem i know its not sunlight confusin or any of that so i was wodering if regular break beam eyes can only see really dark colors? and if buying these wuold fix the problem http://www.scenariodreams.com/produc...lored_eyes.htm
Old 02-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Here, there, everywhere!

Default Re: breaK beam eyes

I have never used Damons lighted eyes....
The breakbeam eyes I use from him have never had a problem detecting any paint..reguardless of color.
Send him (Damon at SD) an e mail and ask him if they are having problems with the new eyes. Also, is it possible that your eye adjustment is off?
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 02-18-2007, 09:13 AM
New Guy

i have the sensitivity all the way up
Old 02-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Paintball and Drumline!

all that eye sensitivity is, is kind of like an adjustable delay (in ms). for example all different types of markers have eye holes in different positions, either higher or lower in the breach. the eye sensitivity is a delay so that when the eyes are drilled too high the marker wont fire for say 10 ms after it detects a paintball so that it doesnt detect it high up in the feedneck and chop it before it has enough time to fall all the way into the breach, if your eye holes are drilled low then no eye sensitivity is required. but if your eye holes are drilled at the near the top of the breach as opposed to somewhere in the middle a higher eye sensitivity would be required.
PMI 48/3000
Dye I3 Pro Goggles
NXe Dynasty 3+2+2 Pack
Future Ups:
Empire Revolver Barrel Kit
Trinity Reverse 7* Block
CP Grip Reg
HobbyHorse Fittings
CP DMount ASA On/Off
PMI 68/4500
Old 02-18-2007, 10:03 AM
boomerisnuts

I thought bounce beam detected paint???? And i thought break beam had a beam that had to be broken in order for the marker to fire???? maybe i have it backwards.
boomer
Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Paintball and Drumline!

no you are correct. bounce beam rely's on the shell of the paint to bounce the infared beam back to the single eye. the reason bouncebeam eyes rarely can detect black paint is because the color black absorbs light therefore no reflected beam to tell the marker its ready to fire. breakbeam are more reliable in that the color of the shell doesnt matter. there is a transmitting ir eye on one side that sends the ir beam across to the recieving eye. if the eyes are dirty the marker will begin chopping paint because since the eyes are covered in paint the beam doesnt reach across making the marker think it is always ready to shoot which will shoot the same as it would if the eyes were off completely.

the eye sensitivity should only be turned up if the eyes were drilled way up in the body as opposed to right in the center of the breach. because if the paint gets halfway down into the breach and the eyes (drilled too high) detect the paint too early then the marker will fire EARLY and chop the paint. the higher the eye sensitivity the more fire delay there will be. (this delay is not noticable and does not slow your rof in any noticable way) we are talking milliseconds here. if you can notice that then you must have superpowers.

my point is that you probably dont need any eye delay at all (eye sensitivity) so turn that down and try again.

Drummer
PMI 48/3000
Dye I3 Pro Goggles
NXe Dynasty 3+2+2 Pack
Future Ups:
Trinity Reverse 7* Block
CP Grip Reg
HobbyHorse Fittings
CP DMount ASA On/Off
PMI 68/4500
Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 AM
New Guy

i have the eyes pretty low basiclly as low as i can get them if turn the sensitivity all the wy down they cant even detect anything including the black paint or even my finger somebody said that the colored eyes are infared and can detect any kind of paint
Old 02-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Paintball and Drumline!

colored eyes cant be infared eyes since they are two types of electromagnetic waves of different wavelengths. its like saying strawberry ice cream is vanilla ice cream. they are both ice cream types but their flavor is completely different. my thoughts right now are that your eyes are misaligned but that is a very loose theory based on guesswork. still it doesnt hurt to check. turn your marker on (we are talking about a pilot right?) then make sure the eyes are on. try firing the marker with nothing in the breach. make sure you cock your gun too. (you wont need any air or paint to do this) if your marker fires then your eyes are either misaligned or they are dirty. if the marker doesnt fire then you should be in good shape. Color does not matter when speaking of breakbeam eyes since they rely on a beam of light being broken and that beam can be broken by an object of any color.

try testing your eye alignment by firing your marker with nothing in it and if you are talking about a pilot then you probably have a t-board or spitfire board. with either board you can check eye alignment electronically.

EDIT: do you mean that you have the eye holes drilled as low as they can go or that you have the eye sensitivity all the way down?

hope that helps

Drummer
PMI 48/3000
Dye I3 Pro Goggles
NXe Dynasty 3+2+2 Pack
Future Ups:
Trinity Reverse 7* Block
CP Grip Reg
HobbyHorse Fittings
CP DMount ASA On/Off
PMI 68/4500
Old 02-19-2007, 07:12 AM
New Guy

im positive that i have them alighned correctly and yes i have the pilot with the t-board i dont understand either why for some reason they cannot see colored paint i turn it on cock it back(no air) and drop an orange ball in it but the light keeps flashing (the light blinks when theres nothing to fire and turns solid when it can fire) then ill take the orange one out and drop the black one in and th light quits blinking ive tried blue orange and red and all it can detect is the black paint i know its not sunlight confusion or light confusion cause that was happening at first and i took care of it some body told me that just the regular break beam eyes didnt function as well as the colored ones ( not just looks cause i know they look betterbut i mean they were better built like a 2.0 version of the regular break beam eyes)
Old 02-19-2007, 07:16 AM

Respected, period.

I would definitely contact Damon and Scenario Dreams. He is a good guy and has great customer service. I'm sure he'll be able to help you.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations