Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2006, 05:54 PM
RaWr

Default wow just wow..

I was going to breakfast this morning to meet up with a teammate of mine to talk about our teams goals and schedule for next season. The guy I was to meet is my most trusted teammate and is fills in for me as captain of the team if I am not present at the event. Well, I got there and he had not yet showed up, this made me think a little bit because he is usually extremely punctual. I waited for about an hour and finally called his cell, he didn’t answer, I called his home phone still no answer. I then went home, and since he lives on my way back to my house I stopped by to see if he was there, sure enough his car was in the yard so I knocked on the door still no answer. I then proceeded to enter the house (the door was unlocked, which isn’t uncommon in Maine.) I yelled as I entered to see if he was with someone and I wouldn’t want to interrupt, no answer, no noises, I walk through the house looking for him because at this point I am getting very worried. I walk into his bedroom to see him laying on his bed very pale looking very sick. I shake him to wake him and nothing, then it hit me, he wasn’t breathing, I checked his pulse and then I called 911.

Calvin passed away early this morning, he was 20 years old and was an active member of my team. Before he started with me he came to my open tryouts, something stood out about him, he was an excellent player and seemed to be an excellent personality. At the end of the tryout I gave my normal spiel…”no drugs, no underage drinking, no public drinking…etc.” he approached me explaining that he smoked marijuana regularly but loves paintball enough that he is willing to give it up. This was 2 years ago and I know for a fact that he has not lit up since then. Paintball changed his life, shortly after he made the team he enrolled in college and really turned his life around. He became my best friend and could have lit up a room with his smile. The cause of death is still unknown.

I cried today for the first time since I was around 10. This whole ordeal suddenly made me realize how fragile our lives are, it also made me grateful for what I have, not just the material possessions, but my family, I have a loving wife, and 2 beautiful daughters. I am not looking for your sympathy as I do not believe that I am the one that deserves it, Calvin didn’t have any family as far as I know, I did call his girlfriend and she is going to take care of everything with my backing. I just want each and everyone of you to do me a favor. (I hate to get all mushy but…) Before you go to bed tonight tell your family members that you love them, you may have your differences but you just never know…

TL;DR? read it.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-20-2006, 06:00 PM

Default Re: wow just wow..

Wow, what a terrible experience. Sorry for you and everyone else close to Calvin.

Proud Owner of an Automag!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:01 PM

Respected, period.

Wow, that is awful. I'm sorry you lost a friend and sorry that he died at such a young age. I've had friends very close to me die before and there really is nothing anybody can do or say to make you feel better. That just sucks, I don't even know what more to say.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Do what you like.

Well, not gonna say much, kinda shocked.....but I totally agree with you about how fragile life is..and that I'm sorry for your loss...
We're the boys of the county hell
Old 01-20-2006, 06:08 PM
RaWr

Thank you guys, and after reading through this I apologize for the disgruntled thoughts and the lack of sentence organization, I wrote that early today when I needed to vent...
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-20-2006, 06:12 PM
That's my baby brother.

wow thats pretty sad.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Weeeee!

Dude my condolences to the family and to all that know Calvin. I can't imagine what you are going through and what you have to face in the next few days, months, and years. Always keep your head up and remember the good times you had with him and remember all should remember that our lives here are so short and can be taken so quickly. Regards to all.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
Thank you guys, and after reading through this I apologize for the disgruntled thoughts and the lack of sentence organization, I wrote that early today when I needed to vent...
It was perfectly legible to me...You guys are in my prayers, sympathy wanted or not.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Banned

its good that u vented.. its important to let ur feelings out and not keep them held up inside u. but man..im so sry about wut u went through. i recently lost someone in my family and yes i cried for a while. but again im really sry for you and god bless everyone that was close to him.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:20 PM
still wants a green name

In my prayers. I am proud to know you for helping turning his life around and helping him become something. I'm sorry for your loss and all of those who knew Calvin.

I completely agree that our lives are fragile and that we must treat each other the best we can.