Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Midwest Most Wanted

Default Spyder Pump

feel Like a Newb all over again. I want ot convert a blowback into a pump for fun. I know it has been done before but I am having trouble figuring out the best wat to do it. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible. Here are my current thoughts:

In a regular blowback you release the trigger and the bolt slides forwards hitting the paint while at the same time the striker hits the valve pin letting air in to act on the ball and recock the striker bolt assembly. The valve spring keeps the valve closed except went being acted on by the striker. As far as I can tell in a pump all this still has to happen with the exception of the recocking with air.

The question is how do you prevent the bolt from recocking and how do you work in the foward stroke of the pump?

My though it to attach the pump arm to a side cocking striker to me that sounds pretty simple, but like I said how do i stop it from recocking and still have air act on the paint and what do I do about a foward pump srtoke?
Old 01-20-2006, 11:18 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Re: Spyder Pump

This is the best one I've seen so far and you should be able to get most your answer's there!

JB.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Midwest Most Wanted

This calls for a custom valve a little more then i want to put into it

Old 01-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Midwest Most Wanted

ok so if I milled the the top tube I can attach the bolt to the pump arm which will cock back the bolt ad the striked and also mill the the bolt so that on the forward stroke onthink happens the rod just slides forward. I still have one major problem and one minor problem. First the major problem. I still have not resolved getting rid of the blowback w/o totaly wasting air. Somehow I need to to still have air and the bolt act on the ball while still preventing blowback and not leaving the valve open. I think I can do this withh modding the valve pin. The other problem is that it will still work without the forward stroke and if you shoot without doing the forward stoke than the pump handle will fly forward. Any thought?
Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 PM

If you contact Oldest Sage here http://www.mnmilitia.com/forums/ he has done it before with some very good results. I think he did it to a TL if I'm not mistaken. Conversion works alot like a Sniper II. Tell him Sgt. Wolverine sent you.
Centerflag Hyperframe
Egg II
Air America Apocalypse 68/45
www.mnmilitia.com
ME
Our Forum
Old 01-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Midwest Most Wanted

Ok so here is the best idea so far, take out the bolt pin that way you would still use the blow back then just use pump on the bolt.that way the ball will not be chambered until the forward stroke, and prevent the pump arm from flying forward if you forget the forward stroke. the onlt problem is the bolt does not act on the ball but every one says that is the best way to go.