Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Finally!!!

Default Angel pics and initial review

Some of you asked for more detailed photo's and a review. Well here ya go...

Rail is integrated into the grip frame

The noid cover slides off once the backplate is removed

Noid with breach open

Exhaust gauge and LPR gauge on marker, recommend Reg setting is 270 psi and LPR 57psi using the Joy/Rage settings

Left grip cheek removed

Right grip cheek removed, you can see the opto switch and top left is the eye ribbons sockets, transmit and receive laser eyes can be replaced individually and are ribbon mounted.

The 12" angel barrel kit is remarkably light, front and back together weigh 3 oz. Comes with .691, .693 and .695 backs and should have more sizes available soon. I'll give an update on accuracy after I get some time on the field with it.

First thing you notice once you get it in your hands is how clean all the seems are. There was extensive attention to detail into every part of this marker.
When dry firing without air, you can barely hear the noid cycling, and thanks to the opto trigger and silky flow of the trigger hitting crazy ROF is a snap. The demo mode lets you run (walk doesn't really apply ) the trigger even when the marker is gased up, without firing.
The OLED display is awesome and navigation through the menu's is done using the Blackberry style switch on the backstrap of the grip frame. Programming is straightforward and very easy to do.
Adjusting pressures (mini reg and LPR) requires purchasing gauges (not included) and setting the mini reg via reg set screw and adding or removing disc's from the LPR stack. This thing fires effortlessly, and it sounds incredible, hard to decribe, I'll get a video posted tomorrow.
Family Photo
My Feedback

Last edited by MVS1 : 02-10-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Spyder Vet

Default Re: Angel pics and initial review

Cool, looks sweet. The ano job looks almost wet; nice attention to that detail.
These colors will never run.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Banned

Very nice angel.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Finally!!!

Well first day out with her and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. This morning I setup the Joy/Rage pressures and settings (mini reg 270 psi and LPR 57 psi) and headed out. First shots over the chrono where deadon at 285, 280, 282, 280, 279. With the Anti-bolt stick (ABS, overcomes any static resistance on the bolt after not being fired for more than 15 seconds) set a 1.25 msec the first shot is a little hotter than the sequential shoots. I ran a couple over the chrono in semi to see what the ROF was, dumb-founded to see 22 bps. My old hands do not walk the trigger like they used to and honestly I wasn't really trying all that hard.
So I hit the field, first match 3 on 3, off the break I take out the wirey little guy heading for the snake, you know the type, turns sideways and disappears, once I get to my first bunker I start working her. Within a couple of minutes its 2 on 1, not in my favor. I get a shot at half of one guys head behind a dorito 25 yards away and put 2 balls no more than 2 inches apart right across his lense. The other guy leaned just enough of his halo out for me to add a little color on it. Now, I'm an alright player and all, but this baby has definitely up'd my game. I was sending bullseyes across the field (45 yards, give or take) with a grouping of maybe 3-4 inches, all day long. It's so light and compact that switching between strong and off-hand is almost effortless.
Now I expected to burn through paint, but after awhile once I got settled in I was noticing that I was walking off the field with at least half a hopper or more after each round. Once I got used to shooting her I started relying on snapping 1 or 2 shots off and knowing they hit their mark.
I played both front and back today and have to say that with the sheer volume of paint you can lay down and accuracy along with light weight and compact size, the angel works equally well in either position.
The only thing left I guess is efficiency, I had my scuba tank filled this morning and the guy only got me to 2700 psi, I used one case of paint and I have ~2100 psi of pressure still in the scuba tank. Now I have no idea what that equates to. I never let the tank pressure drop below 1000 psi and I think I refilled 4 or 5 times, I wasn't really paying to much attention. That's about it, I have to admit that it wasn't easy overcoming the price tag of the Angel 1, but one thing is for sure I am so glad I did. Oh one more thing, I guess there was an issue with the soft kiss bolt, so WDP sends out upgraded bolts to any registered owner that asks for one, free, shipping included. Well that's about it.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 02-11-2007, 08:31 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Damn! You really make me want an angel! Sounds amazing...

BTM, what model angel is it?
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 PM
wat

It's an A1, and if I ever get back into balling it's what I'll buy. That thing is hott.

Glad you like it..
Old 02-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Nice marker... I have liked them since they came out. The only thing I am not keen on is the Blackberry scroll wheel. I am on my Blackberry enough, it would feel like I was working every time I picked up my marker.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Finally!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
It's an A1, and if I ever get back into balling it's what I'll buy. That thing is hott.

Glad you like it..
Thank you for convincing me to go with it
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm the Gimpinator! I'll be back!

Nice review man. You're making me drool.
Blue CP Reg
Trinity EZ Black/Blue On/Off
Trinity Locking blue feedneck
14" SP Freak Kit
45/30 HPA

05 Electra ACS
clamping feedneck
dye stickie grips
Shocktech LPC
14" CP barrel