Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2007, 05:22 PM
New Guy

Red face walmart???

Okay, went to walmart this weekend and i saw a spyder mr-1 for 100 bucks. This was the entire package mask hopper tank and all. And i thought this was a great deal, but why do people bash walmart so much? I also saw a viewloader carbon fiber barrel for $30 . Now does anyone think this is a good deal or just a waste of money. Carbon fiber is light, stronger than steel, not tungsten but steel,and it can also be shaped very accurately. Other carbon fiber barrels i've seen have been up to $140 and the next cheapest one was $70 . Should i check this barrel out or not waste my money???
Old 01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Has Been

Default Re: walmart???

i dont think it will be that good, but oh well.

people dont like wallmart paint because its usually old, and not in good condition when you get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:04 PM
try not to let your mind wander, its too small to be out there alone

are you sure its not just steel with a outside carbon fiber looking cover
Old 01-29-2007, 06:39 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevictor
.........but why do people bash walmart so much? ...........
Yes that is a good deal for all that. I think the reason people bash Walmart(or any other large mega store conglomerate for that matter) selling paintball equipment is that they really don't support the paintball community. There's more a chance that your local pro shop has an owner and employee's that actually play paintball, possibly sponsor teams and support the paintball community. Between the conglomerates and online stores, I think local shops may even become extinct due to large overhead and little profit compared to these places buying big and selling low just as the package at Walmart you just mentioned. How does the little guy compete with all that? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-29-2007, 07:12 PM
New Guy

Yes im sure its carbon fiber because i've picked it up and it is extremely light, definately not plastic either becasue teh inside is polished, and teh way its done u cant do with plastic. And Dragon I think you raise a very good point but I also thnk that all it takes is a little advertisement for those "little guy[s]" and people will come right in to bu it up. I think that all of us have learned by now that the American nation is easily swayed by propaganda, big words, television, and latin phrases Putabisne ille dicam?(do you know what i mean?)
Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 AM

I don't think it is carbon fiber I believe I seen a thread some time ago that it is just made to look carbon fiber.

Xbox Live: Cal3bH
Old 01-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Has Been

if it is carbon fiber, it is not a good grade of it...

id get a stiffi if you want one

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Not too new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_salad
I don't think it is carbon fiber I believe I seen a thread some time ago that it is just made to look carbon fiber.
Yea, there is a thread somewhere either here or on pbn about someone who bought that barrel. They said it was not real carbon fiber but a coating that they could peel off. They also said the inside of the barrel was not smooth and there were nicks all over the place. The review was horrible and the person did not reccomend the barrel to anyone. I would highly suggest not buying that barrel.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback