Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2007, 07:15 PM
New Guy

Unhappy new owner

Hey there, I just bought a victor II and am very proud of its performance. Being new to pantball don't know many of the terms and other more complex achronims of the such. Well anyway, I, of course, am trying to upgrade my spyder. I was thnking of getting a 14" J&J ceramic barrel. Does anyone know if that's good or not? Also my next step will be to get an expansion chamber, I'm not sure which are compatible, and then a low pressure chamber, maybe that bullet one. Does anyone know if that's good? If you have any other suggestons for me please tell me, but most definately one of my favorite thngs about teh victor II is the small yet effective drop forward. I also prefer using a mechanical trigger over the electronic because I'm more of a sniper, then a combat guy.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Not too new guy

Default Re: new owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevictor
Hey there, I just bought a victor II and am very proud of its performance. Being new to pantball don't know many of the terms and other more complex achronims of the such. Well anyway, I, of course, am trying to upgrade my spyder. I was thnking of getting a 14" J&J ceramic barrel. Does anyone know if that's good or not? Also my next step will be to get an expansion chamber, I'm not sure which are compatible, and then a low pressure chamber, maybe that bullet one. Does anyone know if that's good? If you have any other suggestons for me please tell me, but most definately one of my favorite thngs about teh victor II is the small yet effective drop forward. I also prefer using a mechanical trigger over the electronic because I'm more of a sniper, then a combat guy.

First off, welcome to the forums!

Now for the important stuff. J&J puts out a great barrel, I own the S2 which is basically the same thing as the ceramic but is newer and has the appearance of a 2-piece barrel. I actually happen to be selling it at the moment if your interested shoot me a pm. Anyway, back to upgrades. One thing I would suggest getting is a new feedneck. The plastic elbow that comes with the gun is not very strong and holds the hopper very high. Some brands of feednecks are CCM, NDZ, Trinity, and I believe a few others I can't think of. They are stronger and hold the hopper closer to your gun giving you a smaller appearance. I wouldn't suggest getting an expansion chamber. If your going to go that route I would suggest buying a regulator. THe regulator lets you adjust the pressure of the co2/hpa going into you gun so you can finetune it. Hope this helped a little bit.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 01-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Finally!!!

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8371, Take a look at this, Hossy put together a great thread with all kinds of info. Something to consider is going with a vertical adapter like the 15 degree Assault Block or Trinity instead of an expansion chamber and LPC. Both flow very well and have LPC's integrated into them and ASA threads for adding a Reg, only difference between the 2 is the assault block has a 15 degree forward angle and the trinity has a 15 degree back angle.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb34
First off, welcome to the forums!

Now for the important stuff. J&J puts out a great barrel, I own the S2 which is basically the same thing as the ceramic but is newer and has the appearance of a 2-piece barrel. I actually happen to be selling it at the moment if your interested shoot me a pm. Anyway, back to upgrades. One thing I would suggest getting is a new feedneck. The plastic elbow that comes with the gun is not very strong and holds the hopper very high. Some brands of feednecks are CCM, NDZ, Trinity, and I believe a few others I can't think of. They are stronger and hold the hopper closer to your gun giving you a smaller appearance. I wouldn't suggest getting an expansion chamber. If your going to go that route I would suggest buying a regulator. THe regulator lets you adjust the pressure of the co2/hpa going into you gun so you can finetune it. Hope this helped a little bit.

Thanks a lot. Really i mean it. My spyder is defnately going to look good wiht anew barrel and i discovered my neighbor actually has the S2 and because his paintball supplies are very extensive he is willing to give me his.