Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Air compresure! Please read!!

Ok here's my thought. I think i have found a way to attach my marker to my 150psi air compressor's line. Working like an remote line. I just need to go buy one more connection tomorrow. My question is how many PSI's should i put in the compressor? Or can i fill it all the way up to 150psi. I thought this would be a good idea for home practise to save me some CO2 money. If you all dont think it will damage my gun I'll get the part and hook it up and let you know how it goes.
Let me know,
~Samuel
Old 01-22-2007, 06:23 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: Air compresure! Please read!!

A normal home type air compressor only puts out relatively 100psi or so. Your marker runs at around 800psi or so.......it won't work lol -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Spyder Addict

Just looking through the new posts and I found this....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8732
(Scroll down about halfway through the thread and he even put pictures)

Talk to Muddytaco...he's got a way to get it done. Good luck!

Dust black Dye DM7 w/ Virtue board, blue laser eyes, CP flow plug, CP rake trigger
Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Has Been

if you get a higher end gun it would work.

or if you make your spyder LP it would work better than it would do now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
A normal home type air compressor only puts out relatively 100psi or so. Your marker runs at around 800psi or so.......it won't work lol -
Are you sure they run at 800psi? Why are HPA tanks like 75/4000? Isent it 75psi coming out? I as sort of thinking of doing it a diferint way then it showed in that thread. I'll try it and see if/how it works. I just wanted to make sure that it wont hurt my gun. I dont mind if it does not work just so it does not damage it.
~Samuel
Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
or if you make your spyder LP it would work better than it would do now
Oh btw what does that mean?
Old 01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Spyder Addict

LP means Low Pressure

Dust black Dye DM7 w/ Virtue board, blue laser eyes, CP flow plug, CP rake trigger
Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
To the MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear foot inc
Are you sure they run at 800psi? Why are HPA tanks like 75/4000? Isent it 75psi coming out? I as sort of thinking of doing it a diferint way then it showed in that thread. I'll try it and see if/how it works. I just wanted to make sure that it wont hurt my gun. I dont mind if it does not work just so it does not damage it.
~Samuel
75 is the cubic inch. how much volume the tank has. the big number (3000, 4500) those refer to the internal pressure of the tank. the tank has a regulator on it that drops that 3000psi or 4500 psi down to around 800-850 psi

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear foot inc
~Samuel
Well, we don't know what marker you have but all Spyders except the VS series run at 800psi or so.
A 72/4500 HPA tank has a capacity or 72 cubic inches and can be filled to 4,500 psi. It has a regulator that makes the output 800 to 850 psi.
Muddytaco has a video posted of him firing his very high end Dye and Proto markers with a compressor line but those markers run at around 100 to 150 psi and he commented that they were leaking slightly due to low pressure.
CO2 actually stores at about 800 psi, so it does not require regulation (although CO2 can spike in hot weather)....
I have several Angel markers (all low pressure EP type) and none of them will cycle correctly at the psi or volume that my shop compressor operates at......
not to mention that comtaminates and water can and do build up in tank based compressors and could be deadly to your marker.
Stick with your professionally filled HPA tank.
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Marine Corps.

If you had a LP spyder you could get your marker to go down to 150PSI and still fire fine, but you'd have recocking issues. After so many shots your going to need to recock the gun.

co2 tanks in fact have an output pressure at about 800psi, but temperature can cause huge fluctations in the tanks. In the summer time i saw my tank up to 1200PSI, and in the winter time it would be at about 650PSI