Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you recommend the Lucky Un1tec Barrel System?
Recommend! 1 25.00%
It is an alright product. 2 50.00%
Not recommended! 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

Default Re: Vike's Lucky Un1tec Barrel Review

I personally have had fabrication inconsistencies with with the tophats on 2 Lucky ION Stage 1 V3 bolts.

I bought 2 for Xmas, one for my son, one for me. When the came in the inside of the Tophats (for those who don't know what that is, it's what guides the bolt) were milled very roughly. You could see ribbing going down the inside. Both bolts fit tightly in the tophats, but my son's was so tight it wouldn't cycle. They sent me two replacement tophats (free of charge, one even next day air) and they were smooth as butter, but so loose around the bolt that I could stop the air from leaking after 5 attempts. I sent them both back and John was very understanding and gave me a refund. I bought L7s and they worked the first time, no problems, no leaks.

This goes back to what Vike said, his barrel was not smooth on the inside but others are. They seem to be having some issues with QC. I don't know if they are bouncing back and forth between machine shops, using different companies to ano and polish, but something is going on.

Druid, do you have any insight? Any you feel comfortable sharing?

On the other hand!
Their knowledge and custom service is hard to beat! I didn't want to talk negatively without giving them credit for the great way they handled my problem with the bolts.
2 - IONs - 360 QEV, Egg II, Redz Clamping Feedneck, TechT L7,ND Detents. Freak w/ All American Front

Old 01-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbishop66

This goes back to what Vike said, his barrel was not smooth on the inside but others are. They seem to be having some issues with QC. I don't know if they are bouncing back and forth between machine shops, using different companies to ano and polish, but something is going on.

Druid, do you have any insight? Any you feel comfortable sharing?

On the other hand!

Their knowledge and custom service is hard to beat! I didn't want to talk negatively without giving them credit for the great way they handled my problem with the bolts.
To be honest, I'm almost afraid to mention the word Lucky...seeing as how some people here have had an issue with it in the past.

But being that it's a question about their sub-contracted annodizing, machining and QC (and since I won't be posting any links), I might be able to help out without receiving some type of punitive action...

They use local and subcontracted companies for milling, anno and the QC has been a bit of a problem from day 1. Everything milled is done in batches of 100+ at a time. Everything annoed is done in batches of 10+ at a time but shipped to Aaron in large quantities. Some items that are 'done' were sent back, such as the new HPA tank regulators, because they weren't right. They've been "done" for well over a month but there was 'an issue' that caused Aaron to pull them off the storefront. We've been waiting for the 5.1's for weeks because of problems with the contractors and 'turn-over' in their shops. The milling company claimed employee staffing problems and the annodizer (in MY opinion) is just doing a crappy job in certain batches of products, that are slipping through the cracks and getting to the customers.

At the risk of some reprisal, this is for Vike...

If you get a hold of John, he can resolve any issue you have with your barrel. Their customer service rivals Damon's/Scenario Dreams.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I'll keep that in mind. I still want to shoot some more paint through it, and see if maybe it was just the paint, or if it was even just me on a cold day, that was causing the problem.

Thanks for the information!