Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 PM
New Guy

Cool 3000 psi 48cu question

Is it normal for a paintball marker to stop recocking when the psi on my hpa tank drops below 1500 psi? I have a stock spyder vs2 with a 3000 psi 48cu.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: 3000 psi 48cu question

No, it is not normal. It should, however, have problems after the tank drops below the OP of the marker. What kind of tank is this? Is the gauge sticking somewhere when the tank is empty? How long since the regulator's last lubing?

BTW, welcome to the boards! This is a good forum to ask questions such as these. Feel free to ask anything that you are curious about (in the appropriate forum, of course)!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76
No, it is not normal. It should, however, have problems after the tank drops below the OP of the marker. What kind of tank is this? Is the gauge sticking somewhere when the tank is empty? How long since the regulator's last lubing?

BTW, welcome to the boards! This is a good forum to ask questions such as these. Feel free to ask anything that you are curious about (in the appropriate forum, of course)!
I think its a ignition tank....I got the psi down to 500 by recocking the gun myself....the tank is brand new... I had it filled 4 times ...each time the tank had 1200 - 1500 psi left in it...how do you lube the regulator?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Resident *******

Is your marker lubed/recently oiled?

To lube the regulator on the tank, you'll need it to be ABSOLUTELY EMPTY. Then, you undo the set-screws and unscrew the top half of it (if it unscrews). Lube the components that deal with air with DOW33 and oil the rest with PB oil. Screw the top half back on, and re-do the set screws. Make sure it's nice 'n snug and you put everything back in in the order you put it in.

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 01-16-2007, 11:14 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Is your marker lubed/recently oiled?

To lube the regulator on the tank, you'll need it to be ABSOLUTELY EMPTY. Then, you undo the set-screws and unscrew the top half of it (if it unscrews). Lube the components that deal with air with DOW33 and oil the rest with PB oil. Screw the top half back on, and re-do the set screws. Make sure it's nice 'n snug and you put everything back in in the order you put it in.
My VS2 is only 1 month old and had only 4 tanks of air run through it...if that because I had to refill it when the tank gets down to 1200-1500 psi....I put 2 drops of pb gun oil in where hpa tank goes....hmmm.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Spyder Addict

wait did you put oil in the fill nipple? if you did thats bad, it can ignite the tank if you fill it and it will blow up.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Resident *******

No, he put it in the bottomline ASA. I'd rip the marker apart and check it as well as the HPA tank. Check what PSI the regulator is at on your marker as well.

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 01-18-2007, 08:57 AM
New Guy

Quote:
No, he put it in the bottomline ASA. I'd rip the marker apart and check it as well as the HPA tank. Check what PSI the regulator is at on your marker as well.
ok...I took the marker apart and notice that the valve body buffer was not fully seated on the valve body....not sure if this could be the problem...plus I noticed that the delrin bolt was not moving smoothly because of the ball stoppers was rubbing on it so I sanded them down just until the bolt moved freely...now I need air to test
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Just a hint for the future, it is not a good idea to be putting oil in the ASA, especially with the HPA tank. If a drop of that oil happens to get into the tank, -boom- byebye! I know the probability is low, but there is still that little bit of possibility, and I wouldn't take any chances with A. 400+ worth of equipment, and B. Your priceless life.