Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: BT AK47 Apex Barrel Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREM-1
i bought the M-16 barrel. i just slid all the parts forward to clear that thing.
Are you talking about the BT M-16 barrel?

ps. welcome to the forums
Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Military Simulation

pic

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Military Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1sniper
Are you talking about the BT M-16 barrel?

ps. welcome to the forums
thanks, no its the trinity from http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=3360
Old 01-12-2007, 08:22 PM
MR1 Owner

Wow your MR1 looks sweet! The way you have it looks great, but personally I think with the BT AK47 barrel it'd look a little off. Also, what kind of mag/exp. chamber is that? I wish there was an AK47 one that could fit the MR1 nicely
Old 01-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Military Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solipsism
Wow your MR1 looks sweet! The way you have it looks great, but personally I think with the BT AK47 barrel it'd look a little off. Also, what kind of mag/exp. chamber is that? I wish there was an AK47 one that could fit the MR1 nicely
thats a real M16 mag i cut down and moded to fit on my gun. there are aftermarket mag/exp.'s out there but i havn't seen one on a gun to see how it fits/looks.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:45 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

You can grind down/cut down the front "LPC Nub." I had to do it with mine. That is the only way I could get the M4 handguard to fit on flush.

You can't tell too good from that pic, but that's flush against the body.

There is an AK-47 "Clip" expansion chamber for the MR series. PBGrandpa has one on his MR2.

Trinity makes it as far as I know. Idk if they have one for the MR1 that will fit flush though.

EDIT: Grinding down the nub will not harm anything as long as you don't screw up the O-ring area. Thats the only part that makes a seal. Just grind it down enough so that the part fits flush.

I have no leakage problems with mine what so ever and I can get it out with ease. (Although I did burn my finger on the hot metal and I have a nice dead patch of skin on my pointer finger. Keep a pan of COLD water next to you when cutting it down, as it gets REALLY hot.

I used a grinding wheel and a pair of those clamping pliers... forgot the name.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 01-13-2007, 07:14 AM
MR1 Owner

Thanks Ace!!! I'm glad to hear someone has attempted it and it worked successfully! Thanks for answering my question and for the advice! I'll post some pictures after I cut it!

Regarding the AK47 expansion chamber, it leaves like an inch or so gap which is the problem... or so I've read. Apparently someone was talking about a 'vertical adapter' around here but I've yet to see any pictures. That real M16 mag looks sick though!

Last edited by Solipsism : 01-13-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:26 AM
MR1 Owner

Alright a couple hours later were done. Worked awesome. I tried using a grinder, but it didn't take off much... maybe an improper wheel type for grinding aluminum? After that I just used a hack saw to cut almost to the line and then filed the rest by hand. Sprayed it black just cause I don't have the barrel yet. Sorry the one pic is black and white and blurry, but you can still see the size difference.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Military Simulation

looks great. i think i will do mine this week, my barrel will look better up against the body.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Woodsball Military Simulation

Great I'll probably do that once I get my barrel from rap4.com and as far as I have heard the expanson chamber from Trinity stickes out by about an inch or so. Also does anyone know if a M4 barrel and stock would clear customs into Canada? I know most of the restrictions after looking into airsoft but I'm not sure on this one. If anyone has orderd into Canada before, tell me if it got through or not..............