Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 05:55 PM
10/19/03

Default Re: Ion's and their popularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
Thats what makes the ion special. Everyone can have the same gun without having hte same gun. there are so many upgrade options its insane (and a little annoying) But I have 3 ions now (2 of them weretourney prizes), not a single one of them looks like the other.
So true, with all the aftermarket upgrades Ions are slowly becoming like cockers, hell you can probably build one from scratch without using stock parts now...
Old 01-16-2006, 05:56 PM

Okay, so many like the Ion for the features to cost ratio. That is fine and I can understand, but then they go and say you need to upgrade this, and this, etc...then your lower priced marker is now in the mid-price bracket and you could have just selected something better anyway. Doesn't seem like usch a good idea then.

I just don't like the feel of them, that is the reason I wouldn't get one.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

i'm picking up my ION tomorrow....and you people just hurt my feelings...

*i want my ball back i'm going home*

i really love what's happening right now...back then people were ragging on customizing spyders and they said it would never amount to anything, well when i made vicki..people were offering me e-mags for it.

now people hate on the ION...hahaha...everybody hates something that's popular..it used to be people hated guys with angels coz they're rich snobs who doesn't know to play...

well what i say is..."DON'T MIND WHAT FOOKING GUN OTHER PEOPLE HAVE, IF YOU HATE ONE TYPE OF GUN SHUT YER MOUTH COZ SOMEBODY ELSE LIKES EM."

i don't like mags and cockers but you don't see me make a post about it do ya?

it's all preference...if we all wanted the same gun there would be only one kind, and that would be pretty boring don't ya think?

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon by Fire
Okay, so many like the Ion for the features to cost ratio. That is fine and I can understand, but then they go and say you need to upgrade this, and this, etc...then your lower priced marker is now in the mid-price bracket and you could have just selected something better anyway. Doesn't seem like usch a good idea then.
that's what they say about spyders also right? so then why are we upgrading spyders and not all buy shockers and DM6's

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-16-2006, 06:05 PM
shake shake shake shake shake shake

nubs called my mag an ion
Old 01-16-2006, 06:33 PM

Shoot it if you got it. It really doesn't matter what people shoot as long as they like it and are comfortable with it.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:42 AM

We're all putting paint down field, and thats all I care about after the whistle.

Ions are a GREAT marker for under $300. You can customize one to your liking, and you can hold your own with one in most situations. You can hold your own with a Spyder too, and customize that the way you want. Ions are so damned popular because they are the new thing. There was no marker doing what the Ion can do out of the box, in that price range, before the Ion came along.

And Phil hit it dead on. The Ion is slowly over coming the cocker in customization. Years ago cockers used to be the hot item. EVERYONE had an autococker when I started playing. It was just as annoying then with cockers, as it is now with the ion. Well, its annoying some people.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatphil
So true, with all the aftermarket upgrades Ions are slowly becoming like cockers, hell you can probably build one from scratch without using stock parts now...
almost.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:01 PM
RaWr

I cant think of an Ion part that hasnt been replaced by an aftermarket part.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Guy with the Dragun

If you want one, get one, but if you want something different, buy one of these: Wrath, T1, Impulse, Omen, Promaster, each equally as good or better than the Ion and for around the same price.
Originally Posted by druid
well...CO2 (or Carbon Dioxide) remains CO2 until trees turn it into Oxygen. So...if there aren't any trees in your tank...it should be fine
hmmm, so if i put a tree in a co2 tank, then it will turn into.... HPA!!!!
Closed Thread