Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Weeeee!

Default Re: Ion's and their popularity

ION's are poopy. Shoot a Spyder. They ROCK!!!!
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:31 PM
wat

Everyone has summed up what I would say. You can buy an Ion and slap an aluminum body on it and you have a 400 dollar Shocker, simple as that. I personally dont have a problem with the Ion bodies..
Old 01-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Imagine Owner

I know all of this. Im not stupid. Im just sayin that they are just too...i dont know, almost OVERpopulated. I mean its a good gun and all, but they have literally taken over

Imagine Owners Club Member #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungeye
Theres some thing money can't buy, for everything else theres americans hu cant spell
Old 01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
You're a noob.

well i dont mind if i have the same gun as everyone else, if that's what you mean
Old 01-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Imagine Owner

Thats exactly what I mean. I mean i know some people dont. But, it would bug me, if everyone on your team, or in your game had the same gun

Quote:
Theres some thing money can't buy, for everything else theres americans hu cant spell
Old 01-16-2006, 04:52 PM
You're a noob.

well if your gun is your phallic symbol (my god, i actually used a vocabulary word from my english class) then you probably wouldnt like having an Ion. i mean, of course you want to stand out as a player, i do it different ways than the type of gun i shoot. but whatever way you choose is up to you. so if you want to stand out by your type of gun, whether its the best on the market or the wildest custom gun there is, then do it.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:22 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Talking Re: Ion's and their popularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus100389
well if your gun is your phallic symbol (my god, i actually used a vocabulary word from my english class) then you probably wouldnt like having an Ion. i mean, of course you want to stand out as a player, i do it different ways than the type of gun i shoot. but whatever way you choose is up to you. so if you want to stand out by your type of gun, whether its the best on the market or the wildest custom gun there is, then do it.
Ya, my gun's big and heavy, shoots like a cannon and the women love it, i mean me . Did I mention I'm purdee too? -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drefish99
ION's are poopy. Shoot a Spyder. They ROCK!!!!
None of these guys will even become mods here will they Dre? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Imagine Owner

Thats not how i want to stand out, or do. Im just sayin it would bug me, and i know it had to bug some other people too

Quote:
Old 01-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Ok, my thoughts. I personally don't like the ION. Doesn't feel right to me, although I've never shot one that was up'd to any extreme. The three or four I did play with though didn't suit me. However, I have and had teammates with them that love them. All preference, dude.

OVER abundance of IONS? Nah, that's like saying there's an overabundance of Tippmans or Spyders. It's a popular gun, and it shoots paintballs at or under 300 fps at a fast rate of fire, so it's good. I say, who cares what anyone shoots, just so long as they shoot?

In my opinion, I think the people on the Nation and other forums that have CONSTANTLY attacked IONs have personally caused this hate ION thing...and most haven't even touched one yet! I mean, come on!

First it was Hate IONs because it's a Smart Parts gun, then it was Hate IONS because they were plastic guns, then it was Hate IONs because only noobs shot them (what happened to the spyders and tippmans?) then it was Hate IONs because everyone with one thought they were Gods or something, then it was Hate IONs becuase of the bazillion body kits out there (wasn't that one of the ultimate goals that made people like them in the first place?) then it was Hate IONS because EVERYONE has one.....I say let's Hate IONs because they come in different colors!

Do I want one? No. Will I ever have one? Maybe. Anything's possible.

Just a suggestion, and I don't endorse or care one way or the other, but if you want the popularity of IONs to die down, quit doing the free advertising for Smart Parts. Quit making thread after thread, page after page bashing them. If someone posts an ION video, don't say anything! If someone says they have an ION, say "Great! Let's go play!" The more air time (internet time) it gets - good or bad - the better business is for Smart Parts. Advertising 101 right there. Even bad publicity is good advertising and good for sales....think about it! (By the way, I have a degree and spent a few years in the advertising world, I kinda know what I'm talking about!)
Old 01-16-2006, 05:46 PM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderimagine01
Thats exactly what I mean. I mean i know some people dont. But, it would bug me, if everyone on your team, or in your game had the same gun
Thats what makes the ion special. Everyone can have the same gun without having hte same gun. there are so many upgrade options its insane (and a little annoying) But I have 3 ions now (2 of them weretourney prizes), not a single one of them looks like the other.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Closed Thread