Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007, 05:32 PM
New Guy

Default Ok I Have A Huge problem with my VS3

I'm a noob when it comes to paintball. Ive played probably 5 times in the last 3 years. Anyways I got a brand new VS3 for christmas. The regulator seemed to be leaking but my friends dad fixed it. Ok so then i put my CO2 tank in, and shoot it outside. Its working good and then I switch to 3 ball burst. Shoot about 6 balls and bam, the tank is automatically firing and CO2 is coming out every open hole in my gun. So i take it to Headrush the next day. It shoots once correctly and then seemed like it wouldn't cock and it was out of CO2 and didn't work since. I asked a guy about it and he said that you can't use CO2 in it. So I talk to the seller to ask him for a new VS3 and an N2 tank. He says to change the input pressure to 250. How do I do that, or should I just send my marker into Kingman using the 1 year warranty, or is this easy to fix? I need to know how to change input pressure.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Ok I Have A Huge problem with my VS3

turn the regulator screw I can't remember which way increases and which decreases but you will find it in your manual. You need on of the allan wrenches included with your vs3. The regulator is also the asa on/off
Old 01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
18 Yrs. of Paintball'n

The manual states not to use CO2
Freak Barrel Kit
Old 01-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Resident *******

In on the screw for off/less input PSI. The manual only "highly advises" against CO2. It is capable of handling it, however. On the flipside... I wouldn't trust it for an indeffinite period of use using it as a propellant.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 PM
New Guy

Ummm well you can use co2 but because you can shoot very very quickly it is recommended to use a HPA tank. Also everyone on here will tell you to use a hpa tank because you dont want to screw the board up or freeze the lines. An about that air going every where i think you should send it back to kingman maybe there might be a bust line from the co2. Oh for how much pressure is going in to the gun i have mine between 200 and 210 and it shoots beautifully. The screw to adjust the air going in to the gun is right where you screw your tank on.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:08 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

Could be a bad cupseal...
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 01-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Ok man Co2 will not ruin yer vs3 like everyone says. Ive used my vs3 several times with my 20 oz of co2 and i had no probs. You need to turn the screw located in the regulator counter clockwise to increase pressure and clockwise to decrease pressure.

You need to make sure that the pressure is above 200 psi and not below that number, otherwise you will run into cocking issues. I hope this helps.

p.s. i got a 48/3000 psi hpa tank which im dying to try out
Old 01-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak
Ummm well you can use co2 but because you can shoot very very quickly it is recommended to use a HPA tank.
True, CO2 only recharges at about 17bps. Not very fast by any means, but fast enough for someone paying a tournament in any formal rule set (PSP, NXL, NPPL... all capped at 15bps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak
Also everyone on here will tell you to use a hpa tank because you dont want to screw the board up or freeze the lines.
Screw up the board? It doesn't have a pneumatic solenoid on it, how would it mess it up? Freezing lines does nothing... it's just a bit cold. They're made to (normally) withstand 9,000psi, a little temperature change with 850psi in the line wont make a major difference...

And good point on the cupseal, but it might also be exterior valve o-rings as well. I'd rip the lower tube internals out the front and inspect them.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
New Guy

I'm sending my VS3 back today...i put C02 in it, and the gauge isnt moving at all...not even overflowing like it did before, and I know its full because you can feel it...im also looking into getting a Pilot ACS...
Old 01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpackdragon
Ok man Co2 will not ruin yer vs3 like everyone says. Ive used my vs3 several times with my 20 oz of co2 and i had no probs. You need to turn the screw located in the regulator counter clockwise to increase pressure and clockwise to decrease pressure.

You need to make sure that the pressure is above 200 psi and not below that number, otherwise you will run into cocking issues. I hope this helps.

p.s. i got a 48/3000 psi hpa tank which im dying to try out
by the way that really helped me out...thanks