Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2006, 09:04 PM
New Guy

Default Sorry, I have an O-ring question

I probably should just experiment myself, but I am hoping I can get some clarity before I resort to experimentation. I intend to buy O-rings in bulk because I am cheap. I like to call it resourceful. The OtterSC website states that all O-rings in the spyder are the same size (#015, or more specifically 9/16 x 11/16 x 1/16). All the dynamic O-rings he says are polyurethane (also the tank O-ring and X-chamber), and the rest are nitrile. Does this mean that I can use a "CO2" O-ring on my striker and bolt? The Manual that came with my spyder specifically states under the troubleshooting section that I cannot use a tank O-ring or a #9 O-ring on the striker. According to the diagram, the #9 O-ring is used on almost everything else. The bolt, the LPC, the X-chamber, and the valve. This contradicts with the OtterSC website of O-ring materials. Is the problem that tank O-rings are too soft, and therefore maybe more abrasive? Would I need to buy polyurethane rings with a higher durometer? I think tank O-rings generally have a durometer of 70. I would love some enlightenment. I'm sure you've had this type of question a bajillion times. I didn't happen to find it in the forums. Thank you so much for your help and any information.
-WaLKiNG BuSH-

"I was gonna take cover behind the bush, then the d*mn bush's head moved!"
Old 01-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Sorry, I have an O-ring question

I think the ring used on a tank are more fragile than the ones on your bolt. You should get a bolt that doesnt use rings because they are so much more conveinent.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Resident *******

I've used tank o-rings when I've run out of factory and needed another on the bolt many-a-time. Worked fine for me.... If it looks like the stock oring, walks like the stock o-ring, talks like the stock o-ring...

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76
I've used tank o-rings when I've run out of factory and needed another on the bolt many-a-time. Worked fine for me.... If it looks like the stock oring, walks like the stock o-ring, talks like the stock o-ring...

i just put a Ion Oring on my Dm....its just the size that is what you need to look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.