Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2006, 08:31 AM
New Guy

Question compare

how does this gun compare to the tippman a-5?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:08 AM

Default Re: compare

My opinion it outclasses the A5 easily. Especially if your basng it on price range. The A5 and MR2 are about the same price stock to stock. The base A5 doesnt come with a stock, you eirther have to buy it seperately or buy the bigger package to get it. Where as the MR2 has the stock from the factory. The A5 is also a mechanical single finger trigger with a firing rate of 15bps (if you can squeese off that many which is more difficult due to it being mechanical) compared to the electric double trigger of the MR2 which is also adjustable and very light and of coarse capable of 25bps. Another flaw of the A5 is the plastic cocking mechanisim (MR2 is an all metal closed bolt design) The pastic cocker is very thin and seems very weak and you actually have to cock it twice to use it. You have to cock the bolt and then cock the hopper back as well. It seems a little too complex to be a mechanical semi auto marker. I'v shot both guns and I actually prefered my M98 over the A5 and definately liked the MR2 over the A5. I guess it all depends on how you like to play really. If you like a slower more flashy gun with alot of "features" then the A5 is for you. If you want something durable, fast shooting, electronic, and a little more simple in design then the MR2 is for you. Though I dont like that attitude of most A5 owners myself, they act just like the ION owners of scenario. They think thier gun is better than any others on the market.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Marine Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaTruenoGTS
Though I dont like that attitude of most A5 owners myself, they act just like the ION owners of scenario. They think thier gun is better than any others on the market.
I agree with that. They flash their gun around and say "look at this, it's got Response Trigger, and cyclone feed, and other unneeded stuff" ... it's not even that great ... and it's not field legal ... yet when we play they brag ... for ions .. my ion friend just plays, and just pwns (doesn't really play that much anymore) ... IONS are way overrated though
Old 01-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Soldier

I love killin those guys with my mr1 woot

I also put an E grip off of a spyder e99 and it worked great, basicaly converted my MR1 to an MR2
Old 01-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Well i find theres only one real comparison bewteen c98s and a5s
to the MR2
the color black,
This was and is genius by Kingman without a doubt,the Tippys clunk along and the MR2 spits venom gusee thats why its a SPYDER
http://www.anywhereenterprises.com/1...AApQZOAApQZqqz
Old 01-19-2006, 03:10 PM
A Jarhead

from wut i heard the mr2 seriously beats the a-5
Old 03-01-2006, 08:09 AM
New Guy

Wow... you are crazy. I own a Pilot ACS and an A5.

1st of all...

an A5 with an E-grip is capped at 15 BPS in full auto.
an MR2 is capped at 13 BPS in full auto.

2nd... Plastic cocking mechanism? What are you talking about? I have never heard of anyone breaking the cocking mechanism on an A5.

3rd... You cock the gun and then charge the cyclone. This is no different than cocking your spyder and turning on your Revvy.

Quote:
If you like a slower more flashy gun with alot of "features" then the A5 is for you. If you want something durable, fast shooting, electronic, and a little more simple in design then the MR2 is for you.
This is just a dumb statement - seriously. You make the case that an A5 is not durable, fast shooting, electronic, or simple in design! When in fact they possess each of those qualities.

Look - I love my spyder & I really hate Kingman vs Tippmann crap. I just don't like to see people manipulate the opinions of others thru lies - just to make themselve's feel better. This wasn't meant to be abbrassive, but I clearly think you made some erronious statments about the comparison of these two fine markers.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:21 AM

I agree MR 2 is better
Old 03-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Soldier

A5 is a good marker, I just donmt want to spend the money to get it the way I want, Im cheap
Old 03-03-2006, 06:07 AM
New Guy

Let me tell you the MR2 is not the gun as the A-5. The MR2 is a paint choppin dood without changing the detents and the barrel.