Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2006, 08:37 PM
New Guy

Default Big Pilot ACS problem :(

Hello all, this is my first post at these forums, regretably it is about a huge problem I have with my new Pilot ACSs.

It all started the first time I took it to my local field. It was running great until later on in the day when I started messing with the burst and full auto settings. It worked fine on semi-auto. But after a few dozen balls at full auto or burst the gun would just lock up. The bolt would get stuck all the way back, all the way forward, or somewhere in the middle. And it was hard to cock it all the way back, and even if I did it would fire.

I took it apart with some guys from the field and it turns out the little screw in the ACS bolt that holds that little metal rod in place fell loose and completely out of the gun. But not before scrathing the hell outta the inside of my gun. When I looked and stuck my finger in the gutted frame of my gun u can see the big gouge that little screw carved into the metal. All we could do is replace the screw and tighten it every time it gets loose.

After my 2nd day of play with my Pilot the problem didnt go away and that scratch is just getting bigger.

So I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to buff out the scratches or something?

2. Where can I buy a new upper frame?

3. How can I keep that little screw from falling out?

Any help would be appreciated, I am at my wits end, its a great marker but what fun is a Pilot ACS if I cant go rock and roll with it, and when it messes up just after a few rounds on semi?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Big Pilot ACS problem :(

Welcome to the Spyder Online Community! It is regretful that your marker is having there problems....Let's see what we can do to solve your questions, eh?

1.) I personally don't think you can get "gouges" out, but you can try to polish the body. HERE is a link to the guide OtterSC, admin of these forums, made for polishing. You also might want to look around his site some more after reading that; he has excellent reviews and guides.

2.) Yes, you can buy a new body (which I assume is what you mean by the "upper frame"). I would sugest finding one used somewhere before asking Kingman about one....Any body that fits a "slim" or "new style" striker/hammer will work, but be sure that it is top-cocking so you can use your ACS on it.

3.) It sounds like the techs at the factory didn't loctite your screw. Since it is a new marker, you can call them and bring up your problem with them. Their number is 1 (888) KINGMAN (1-888-546-4626). If they (for some insane reason) do not agree to help you out, then you can put some RED Loctite on the threads of the little screw and screw it in, not using the marker until it has let the Loctite cure for about 2-3 days (this will allow it to have full strength; you can use it before then, but I personally like to wait until stuff's at full strength....).

Feel free to ask any more questions you have!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Your Owned

Homerj109- That sucks. But since it is brand new I would call Kingman like Bigred suggested. If the "gouge" is not that long though the locktite shoud work. Also if you have no locktite you can also use clear nail polish on the threads then tighten it down and wait 12-24 hrs before using it. Good luck..
Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 AM
New Guy

Ok thanks all! Great replies! The both of u have given me great hope.

It may not be a total loss after all.

But your replies have brought up another question, what exactly can Kingman do?

Could/would they replace the gun, upper body, etc?

And is there anyplace I can buy custom or used upper bodys? I tried googling it but I couldnt find any place like that.

Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Your Owned

If it is a defective component they will replace anything that was screwed up for you. At leaset they should. It is very possible it will not effect the way your gun preforms. Call their Tech support line and explain the problem to them, and see what they tell you.. Good Luck..
Old 01-16-2006, 11:44 AM
New Guy

Willdo. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Resident *******

Kingman SHOULD ask you to send your marker in if you call them, then they will probably diagnose the problem as their fault, and then they fix it somehow, whether by giving you a new ACS bolt, new body, or somehow fixing the ones you currently have.

There are some custom bodies out there for Spyders, HERE the link to the only website I can think of....

Again, feel free to ask anything else you want/need to know!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to