Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2006, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Whats your routine?

Pack some pods, maybe some tanks. Reach into my drawer, realize I dont have a marker and dont play anymore...thats when I usually stop. Usually get some food after that.
2k2 OSKUSA.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Rec play (practice actually, cause we aren't allowed to play rec at our field unless other tournament players are there):

Wake up when I wake up (usually around 7:30'ish.) Eat some cereal. Don't have to pack gear because I usually have it already done. I get on the computer and mess around on KUSA, or one of the 6 other forums I look at. Then I watch some television, take a shower, then about 12:00, drink a meal replacement shake, spend about 15 minutes getting everything in the car and make sure I haven't forgotten anything, then head to the field which takes about 15 minutes. Get air, set up everything, answer a bazillion questions like "Is that an Angel?" (when they look at my shocker) or "Are you on a team?" or hear statements like "My dad could beat you" pointing at a hugely overweight old guy (older than me) breathing heavy from having to walk to the building from his car, carrying a VL Avenger with full camo and calling his loader and paint a "magazine and clip."

Then after those statements, I go to the chrono and rip on the shocker, and then answer the bazillion questions like "Are you shooting full auto?" or "Is that an Angel?" or statements like "My brother can shoot as fast as you..." pointing at a guy carrying a rental mech...

Then our team goes on the field to run drills and all the rec players walk away slowly...(my wife thinks that part is hilarious! They all kind of go silent, say things like "Sheesh!" or "Holy Crap," or "They have to be shooting full auto" or "must be nice to be rich!" Then they slink off to the woods or the chrono station and shoot a bag of paint at the fence...

For tournaments:

Tournaments are always at least 3 hours away one way, and I have two kids so we always go down the night before and stay in a hotel. If tournament allows, I buy paint the day before.

The day of the tournament, we all meet at some restaraunt to eat a small breakfast, get ourselves team oriented, then head to the field together (about 1.5 to 2 hours early) to walk, map and strategize. We set up as close as possible (for any last second run back for extra guns or tools, just in case!) to chrono stations or air stations. Make sure everything is working, and everyone is pottied and such. We get our paint if the tournament requires buying paint that day and then fill air. Then we have a team meeting to motivate ourselves. Go out, win some games, hopefully no lose any, then begin the LOOOONNNNGGGGG drive home in the dark (usually.)

When I get home:
Drop all my gear on the floor, throw the mask, pack, pads, swabs, barrels, barrel condoms, pods, etc in the dishwasher and the uniform and head gear in the wash machine. Take a shower. Check the forums to see what I missed (6 blessed pages on this forum alone this weekend!) then drop on the couch. If I'm not too tired, I clean my guns then. If I'm too tired, I leave em for Monday!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:55 AM
RaWr

Well since everyone else is posting their normal day of practice or rec here is mine...

I wake up around 10 grab some food, go out to the shop and fill my tanks and my pods, I then take the rigorous trip (by foot mind you) 2 minutes due south of my garage to fill the bunkers then meet up with everyone back in the house and then make the rigorous journey once again to the field. From there I rechrono and get ready to play run our drills, eat, play a few 1 vs 1 games, sometimes some night ball it all depends on who is there and what time they all want to play.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."