Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2006, 07:59 PM
RaWr

Default Whats your routine?

I know I pretty much have a routine for a day of play or a tourney.

Normal tourney 3 hours drive each way
I wake up at 5 to Shanna making Coffee for me (Starbucks only) I drink about half the pot then make a quick pass through the shop to see if I forgot anything when packing the pickup the night before. I then grab my daypack off the table which the wife has generously packed full of food and water. I then drive to our local meeting place 10 minutes down the road to have a quick McDonald's breakfast. We talk a little strategy but mostly just make sure everyone is on the same page. Shanna generally gets mad at us for eating too much before playing. we then drive the rest of the way to the event, where I unpack out tables and setup our gear we then get together for our team meeting, do our pre-day pep talk which cannot be repeated here, then walk the field and draw it up etc... we then win and come home happy.

that's the average day for me.

what is yours?
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-15-2006, 08:04 PM
wat

Default Re: Whats your routine?

My dad generally takes care of packing the trailer/car for the day of play the night before.
I pack my personal gear and everything, drive to whichever field we're playing at.
Everyone gets their gear together.
We split teams up and I get stuck with noobies and little kids.
I get stuck in a 6 on 1 situation, me being the 1.
I mow 4 people's faces before I run out of paint and air and have to leave the game.

That's my day normally.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.

I normally wake up at 5/6 Depending if its local or out of town. Get my coffee and alil something to snack on while I pack my car and fill the icechest. If out of town than I pack my street clothes/normal stuff and make sure I didnt leave anything behind. Get to the field 2hrs early, setup and gearup. Do some light stretching or heavy if the team is all doing it. Go over rosters and lineups. Walk and draw the fields out, picking where each player is best suited. Than grabbing our guns and mowing faces! Finish and pack our stuff and go home happy

Sometimes stop to eat and discuss what happened or our next event.

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:15 PM
(spyderkid946)

wouldnt this be in like the vet forum?? idk your the mod so i guess it can be here.
my routine for my last two tournys was:
1st day of tourny wake up at like 7 have breakfast grab my wallet and wait for a member of my team to pick me up. then we went to the field and analized the field and watched the novice and rookie tournys so we could get an idea of how teams were playing the field.this was really helpful seeing as we were in the beginner tourny and we now had a heads up on the feild layout.the later that day i got all my stuff together.
2nd day(tourny day) wake up at like 7 have my instent breakfast, waffle, and berry young juice, some antioxdent or somethin that my mom got. fix some stuff on my gun that i probly should have fixed the night before. then get picked up and go to the tourny, gun usually breaks then i use someone elses and mow faces, bunker 5 guys, and come in 1st . after spending around 100$ on paint.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
RaWr

what are you talking about? it is in the vet section.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-15-2006, 08:33 PM
(spyderkid946)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
what are you talking about? it is in the vet section.
hahahaha your so sneaky barron. i swear it was in the non pb topics.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:44 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Recball locally-
Wake up with all my gear already ready to be put in my car the night before. All tank's have already been aired up. Breakfast is high in carbohydrates and protein usually rice or toast and milk something like that if not I'll go eat at waffle house I dunno whatever I'm in the mood for. Get to the field chrono in then start stretching which takes me forever. I usually try to run a lap or something to get my body flowing and warmed up. Then off to play.

Tourney's-
Leave the night before and either hit Nashville, TN and stay down there then head to the tourney the next day or check into a hotel somewhere in the vicinity(most my tourney's are at least 6 hour's away but my next one in IL is only 4). If I stay in a hotel I alway's eat a cup of rice then go eat another breakfast! Wake up early same routine as rec do some talking with the teammates look over the field's etc. etc.

JB.

Last edited by QAZ123 : 01-16-2006 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Matrix Connoisseur

tournies:

wake up around 6 to my previously packed gear. i usually have food packed too, and a couple gatorades or flavored waters. then i fill up the giant water cooler with a freezerful of ice and fill the rest with water. we leave around 6:30, and get there at around 7, depending on how far away the field is. we are usually the first ones there, which is nice because you can get all your stuff set up before everyone else, and walk the field when they actually have everything blown up, and you dont have to rush at all. plus we dont have to wait in huge air lines in the morning. we usually spend about a half hour just walking around, talking strategy, then get to setting up. there is inevitably gun/gear problems, which we spend another half hour or so fixing. usually someone has working gear, and they are sent out to get food, and when they come back, we eat and talk strategy again. then all the other teams come, and start swarming the place. we usually walk the field when everybody else is setting up. after walking the field (usually when other teams start comming on) we get off and talk strategy again, and get pumped up before first game. then we usually play horribly and come home disapointed. on the way home, we ALWAYS stop at the burger king down the street, and order about 25 rodeo burgers (those things are scrumptiousness). then we drive the rest of the way home talking about how fun it was and/or how bad we sucked. then i take a shower and start cleaning the mountain of gear filled with dirt and paint.

a normal day of play is about the same.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

rec play:

generally have gear bag packed at night, wake up around 9am call my friends up ...eat a light breakfast...got to the field..(20 min drive)...wait an hour for my friends to arrive...they don't come yet...so i start playing with the other walk-ons...around noon my friends start showing up...and i'm almost out of paint...i let them buy more...then proceed to play again using their paint. LOL

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

I pack all my stuff, but don't pack my jersey, end up buying on at the event, and then my captain hands me my jersey cuz it was all a joke and they had it the whole time...so I spent money on a jersey, that I could of spent trying to pick up the Doc's girls.

I don't play anymore, so that was the last routine I did.