Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
THE GAME

Default Re: Vike's Proto Rail Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscum Guy
dude why did my post get deleted.
irrelevant maybe? IDK

on topic, technically the proto rail stock trigger is illegal in NPPL and probably PSP because of it's flexible nature. If you set the post travel a tiny bit past the microswitch (enough to be close as possible, while ensuring you wont stop too soon) you can pull the trigger, and continue pulling (harder than a normal pull) until the trigger flexes and bows the middle ******ds, causing the back to pull off of the microswitch before you release your finger. The return to a normal amount of tension on the trigger causes it to fire again, meaning the marker fires twice on 1 trigger pull, outside of an electronic ramp.

***for some reason i cant say the opposite of inwards***, thats the * you see above...
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
irrelevant maybe? IDK

on topic, technically the proto rail stock trigger is illegal in NPPL and probably PSP because of it's flexible nature. If you set the post travel a tiny bit past the microswitch (enough to be close as possible, while ensuring you wont stop too soon) you can pull the trigger, and continue pulling (harder than a normal pull) until the trigger flexes and bows the middle ******ds, causing the back to pull off of the microswitch before you release your finger. The return to a normal amount of tension on the trigger causes it to fire again, meaning the marker fires twice on 1 trigger pull, outside of an electronic ramp.

***for some reason i cant say the opposite of inwards***, thats the * you see above...
wow, that would be so pointless to do, you could have probly shot about 10 shots walking before you could pull that off.
******ds 0utwards conquer teh filtars
o
u
t
w
a
r
d
s

i idont see how my post was irrelevant. vike said something about hinting him getting a new gun cuz he likes to upgrade. i said make one you know you want to, cuz that would let you buy all the aftermarket parts you want. totally relevant, if that is why it was removed.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Your post was deleted because this is the "Proto Rail Review," not the "talk about other things review." The topic of this particular thread should be centered on the Rail.

Sure, I mentioned I might pick something else up (a tiny sentence in a larger post that was related to the topic) but your complete post was off topic, which then spawned another post by someone else that was off topic, then you brought up your off topic post again, which resulted in this off topic post. 4 off topic posts that have nothing to do with the review.

Thought I'd clear that up before you spend too much time worrying about your missing post. Also, this may clear up any other discussion of any other off topics posts that will be deleted as well.

Let's stick to the topic in this thread, fellows!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:51 PM
THE GAME

Vike, did you check out what I said about mechanically double firing on one pull?

In psp mode this is easily superior to actually pulling 1 time.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:36 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Hmmm, no, I haven't really touched it in a couple weeks. I may have to try it though, if I can find my old stock trigger! Sounds interesting though, and I haven't heard anywhere saying the trigger would actually be illegal. Has this actually been determined already?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:26 AM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Hmmm, no, I haven't really touched it in a couple weeks. I may have to try it though, if I can find my old stock trigger! Sounds interesting though, and I haven't heard anywhere saying the trigger would actually be illegal. Has this actually been determined already?
All rules state that a trigger pull is defined as a pull and release, this shoots twice with one pull and one release, even in semi.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Rocking the spyder sonix

ya guys my friend has a proto rail black like that and i like it

stock trigger sucks but really overall a good gun but u need a new barrel unless u play front

good review!!!
eggy 2
polished internals
acs bolt
Old 04-28-2007, 06:43 AM
THE GAME

while dry-firing the rail inside, i noticed it's a bit louder than my ion, even when i use the similar barrels. It seems to be from air escaping upwards, out of the feed neck. I checked the oring and everything seems to be in tact, I think it's just that the ion has a much better or much longer seal on chamber.

Stock barrel is .690, too big for me, so i bought a .688. it works great on old paint though.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
New Guy

Do you know what Threads the Proto Accepts? Im planning to buy some barrels for my friend, I think its Angel Threaded, but I want to make sure.

Thanks,

Tiger
Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Barrel threads are Autococker, feedneck threads are Matrix. Angel threads won't work for it.