Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2006, 09:44 AM
New Guy

Default finally got the pilot

ok i finally got the pilot and I was looking in the gereral spyder fourm and noticed to adjust the "pressure" you have to stick the allen wrench in that hole in the co2 tank. thats when i noticed that it doesent have a pressure gauge. (circular thing that has the needle inside.)

is this bad? lol if i dont have this how will i adjust the pressure? ROFL i feel like such a noobis.

"_"
also to adjust the velocity spyder says to turn the "rear adjustment nob" clockwise to increase and counterclockwise to decrease. if iam aiming for 280 FPS is there anyway to adjust it to that without a choro thing? should i buy 1 of those chrono things?(nessisary?)
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM
boomerisnuts

Default Re: finally got the pilot

i wouldnt mess around with the co2 tanks unless you know what you are doing. you dont even need to adjust the pressure anyway. i dont know about the chrono, all i do is load up with balls and co2 and adjust until i get the right "feel".
hope this helped
boomer
p.s. dont feel like a noob
Old 12-30-2006, 11:33 AM
New Guy

ok so your saying that i dont need that gauge thing? the guy in the video said "most spyders need to be at 800 psi to operate right". so i guess the gun will already be set to operate like that when i bought it?

being that in dont have much experience, i dont have much of a feel for anything. mabey you could tell me what it feels like? LOL
Old 12-30-2006, 12:17 PM
boomerisnuts

All spyder guns are set at a high pressure 800 psi, c02 tanks are high pressure also. so al you need to do is screw on the c02 and load up on paintballs . the pressure gauge thing you are talking about is called a regulator. some guns and compressed air tanks have them on them. you wont need to worry about any of that stuff unless you go to low pressure guns or make your spyder low pressure. when i adjust my velocity without a chrono all i do is shoot then adjust shoot adjust... until i get it perfect. the right feel for me is when i can get a reasonable number of shots from a 9oz and still have range and power. The reason i like to do this is because i dont want to have to fill up a whole other co2 tank when i can just tweak the velocity. dont set it to low though or you risk not having enough range or the balls might not break
boomer
Old 12-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

The reason most Spyders are set to run at 800 to 850 psi is because that is the pressure that CO2 stores and discharges at. No regulator is on the CO2 tank, and your Pilot does not come with a regulator either.
One of the problems with CO2 is that the disharge pressure can vary with tempeture. The Pilot will operate with CO2 right through most of the variable range, although you may have to adjust the velosity when temp extremes are approached. For now, fill that CO2 tank, screw it on and enjoy!
Welcome to the Forums!
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 12-30-2006, 07:28 PM
New Guy

cool, thanks much much much thanks!
sorry... 1 last question i ran into, you know how the pilot shoots at 20 BPS on semi? well i asked the guy at the sporting goods store about a hopper and he pointed 1 out that feeds out 10-12 BPS he said that that would be enough. is the hopper i have good enough or did i get screwed over?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:21 PM
New Guy

the stock hopper is good enough to shoot..but if u want to actually reach the max of 20 bps(which i doubt u will be able to on ur first cpl tries no offense) an electric hopper would be good. As to a 10-12 bps one..i think u can get a faster one for not that much more money.

Spyder Vs2 stock-
Evo3 egg
16 inch J&J ceramic barrel
Old 12-30-2006, 08:40 PM
i'd tap that...

i got a empire reloader II it works perfectley fine for 10-12bps...you should be alrite
Old 12-30-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsballin4life
the stock hopper is good enough to shoot..but if u want to actually reach the max of 20 bps(which i doubt u will be able to on ur first cpl tries no offense) an electric hopper would be good. As to a 10-12 bps one..i think u can get a faster one for not that much more money.
I just took my stock pilot (older non acs) out for the first full day of paintball - on the second or third round I chopped on semi-auto. The fourth round I chopped 4-5 times. I just thought it was because it was cold, but one of the guys I was trying to hit said I was flat laying down some paint. I never used anything but semi-auto - and now realize I need to upgrade to an electric hopper even just for semi-auto.
VL Quantum
Future Ups:
Clamping Feedneck
J&J 14" Ceramic Barrell
HPA system
50g trig. switch
---------------
I am a painter, you are my canvas. Run....
Old 12-31-2006, 09:57 AM
New Guy

yea...that wuld be good..i also sugest u buying an anti-chop system bolt(acs bolt)
its wats in the newer pilots. it shuld also help on the chopping. And if u shoot to fast without one u will jsut chop even with an electric hopper.

Spyder Vs2 stock-
Evo3 egg
16 inch J&J ceramic barrel