Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Cool Renegade fields..........

Was cruising through the field section of PBR and saw a local place that I hadn't noticed before. Thing is when you went to the website it wasn't even a field. It's a sports shop that has a paintball section in it. I was like WTF? There was a section on the website that had a bunch of pics of players on a field so I figured maybe they had it in back of the store or something -

I needed a couple of parts for my Tippy that I hadn't been able to find locally and it said they had a lot of Tippy stuff there so I took a trip by to see what it was about. When I got there it had a residential area in the back so my thoughts of a field vanished and once again thought, WTF? -

Went inside and they had a small section of the store with paintball supplies. They even sell my favs Evil paint at a decent price. I BS'd with the guy and there were about 6 other people there looking at PB stuff as well. Everybody seemed to know each other and were pretty friendly to me. As I was checking out, I asked the guy about the pics on the website because I have been to all of the local fields here and didn't recognize this one at all. He said they had a renegade field about a mile from there in a local park. They all met there on weekends and usually have about 40 people there on Sundays. He gave me some directions and said to common out this weekend -

I went out to the location today and envisioned some run down abandoned wooded park but when I got there it was a well kept city park that has tennis courts, baseball and soccer fields and such. In the back portion there is about a 10 acre wooded area and there was a bunch of cars parked on the outskirts. I walked a trail and followed the noise. There were a bunch of people there getting ready for the next game. They bring all their own equipment including air and paint. The field had a bunch if bunkers made of pallets, tires, plywood, carpet, ect. The place looked well broken in so it seems that there is no prob with local authorities about using this property for play. Everybody seemed close knit and friendly. They chronograph the markers at 300fps max and allow full auto, ramping and the lot. All of the fields I used back in Michigan allowed all this as well but locals here don’t. I don’t need all that but I really don’t mind others using that crap if they want to -

Well long story short, I’m gonna try this place next Sunday and see what of it. I reffed a few games today and everybody seems pretty responsible. There are 2 blinded areas as a safe area, it’s organized and seems like a good dealio. The field I normally use takes a good hour plus to get there and just added a BYOP cost of $10 so it’s now $25 to play there. This place is organized, about 20 minutes from where I live and all I need to do is supply my own paint and air. I have all that so imma go for this and see what happens -

Anybody else have a field similar to this that they use. I’m not much on renegade fields because safety and responsible play doesn’t seem priority. This place on the other hand seems quite the exception to the norm -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: Renegade fields..........

seems to me like you found yourself a good new field

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Imagine Owner

No, don't play on anything quite like that, but sounds good to me

Imagine Owners Club Member #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungeye
Theres some thing money can't buy, for everything else theres americans hu cant spell
Old 01-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Resident *******

We have a renegade field that I play woods at...Pretty good, except sometimes there are some bad people playing there. The rest of the time it's pretty good.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-15-2006, 05:06 PM

Respected, period.

I've heard of a renegade field that was set up not to far from my house. Some guy owns some land that he isn't using so he threw up some pallets and other obstacles. Only thing is this guy I was talking to said that like 45-50 people show up every week and play on this one field which really isn't that big. Guess I should drive by there one of these weekends. The other draw back is the closest pro shop that can fill tanks and sell paint to the field is like 8-10 miles away.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-15-2006, 05:21 PM
===,,,> Go Noles!

i cant believe you just complained about paying $25 to play...

every day i go i spend at LEAST $90...

there are no BYOP places around here
Old 01-15-2006, 05:56 PM
curse on both your houses

there is a pretty big wooded/feild area behind my friends house and we go and play there a lot. we are working on a deal w/ the owners to put up our own practice feild using some wood and stuff we got out of dumpsters when the were building soom new houses.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:58 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I get my paint from local tourneys. I get 4 or 5 cases at a time and stock up. I have my own large C02 fill station but no HPA stuff. There were 2 sets of scuba tanks and 1 20lb C02 on this field today. I'm sure most brought their own tanks and stuff. That Sports place is only a mile away if you really needed a fill -

MTT......I complain about most everything, get used to it lol -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Listen to Bob Marley

Nice sounds like you have found a place would with some kewl people, people make the field.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:37 PM

We do that here. I live about 15 minutes away from National Forest land (in Colorado). We have two areas of play, everybody chronos, and everybody is pretty honest. We've even had rangers show up and everything is cool. It is some of the most fun I've had and by far the cheapest paintball around.