Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2006, 07:00 PM
try not to let your mind wander, its too small to be out there alone

Default Qloader/Gun Problem

iv been waiting forever to finally get to open my mr2 with the qloader and everything and i finally got to today. It wasnt the best time iv ever had with a paintball gun tho. I dont think anything else could have went wrong. When I first opened it the qpods looked like they were already prewided(if anyone could give me some info about the qloader it would be nice)so i loaded them up from the silo without thinking about it. Well, after i have them already loaded, i walk over to my gun and put the qpod in it and everything was still fine. Well i hook up my co2 tank and walk outside, i shoot 5 shots and i get a break in the qloader elbow and have to clean everything out. Well, i figured id better try it again. After i cleaned the socket that was attached to my gun because they broke in there too, i tried putting another qpod in my gun. It does the same thing(the balls break in the socket and in the elbow and in the gun before i even shot it. I did this 2 more times and i finally got tired of wasting paint and having to clean it all out. I put my empire reloader hopper on it and it shot fine on semi-auto without any breaks or any problems but when i put it on full-auto my hopper couldnt handle it and i was just shooting air half of the time. I did that for about half a hopper just shooting at a tree and then my co2 tank froze because it was cold out and i had to stop. All in all it wasnt a very good christmas for me cuz that damn gun wouldnt work, it like ruined my hole day. If anyone has any suggestions to make it work they would be very helpful. Thanx

and btw, i thot i might add that this gun looks freakin awsome in real life
Old 12-26-2006, 03:37 AM
I Paintball with my Grandchildren

Default Re: Qloader/Gun Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by yod3r
iv been waiting forever to finally get to open my mr2 with the qloader and everything and i finally got to today. It wasnt the best time iv ever had with a paintball gun tho. I dont think anything else could have went wrong. When I first opened it the qpods looked like they were already prewided(if anyone could give me some info about the qloader it would be nice)so i loaded them up from the silo without thinking about it. Well, after i have them already loaded, i walk over to my gun and put the qpod in it and everything was still fine. Well i hook up my co2 tank and walk outside, i shoot 5 shots and i get a break in the qloader elbow and have to clean everything out. Well, i figured id better try it again. After i cleaned the socket that was attached to my gun because they broke in there too, i tried putting another qpod in my gun. It does the same thing(the balls break in the socket and in the elbow and in the gun before i even shot it. I did this 2 more times and i finally got tired of wasting paint and having to clean it all out. I put my empire reloader hopper on it and it shot fine on semi-auto without any breaks or any problems but when i put it on full-auto my hopper couldnt handle it and i was just shooting air half of the time. I did that for about half a hopper just shooting at a tree and then my co2 tank froze because it was cold out and i had to stop. All in all it wasnt a very good christmas for me cuz that damn gun wouldnt work, it like ruined my hole day. If anyone has any suggestions to make it work they would be very helpful. Thanx

and btw, i thot i might add that this gun looks freakin awsome in real life
Sounds like to many prewinds. You may want to start off w/9 or 10 and go from there. You also said it was cold and your paint could have gotten cold making it brittle. Make sure your feed tubes cut the correct length also since paint is breaking in the socket. edit: I just came in from shooting mine for the 1st time. 10 prewinds on the pod. No broken balls. I'm using CO2 also. It ramped 15 bps. I'd try less prewinds. I also used a new case of paint. Don't know if this will help...but it's some place to start.

Last edited by pbgrandpa : 12-26-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgrandpa
Sounds like to many prewinds. You may want to start off w/9 or 10 and go from there. You also said it was cold and your paint could have gotten cold making it brittle. Make sure your feed tubes cut the correct length also since paint is breaking in the socket. edit: I just came in from shooting mine for the 1st time. 10 prewinds on the pod. No broken balls. I'm using CO2 also. It ramped 15 bps. I'd try less prewinds. I also used a new case of paint. Don't know if this will help...but it's some place to start.
first of all thanx for the reply, i really had no idea what to do anymore. ok, i was actually using about 16 prewinds so that is probly my problem. The paint was brand new tho but it could be that the paint was cheap wal-mart paint because i cant afford the good stuff. Also, how do i no how long the feed tube has to be? and this is a stupid ? but do i have to prewind the qpods after every time i shoot them?
Old 12-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yod3r
first of all thanx for the reply, i really had no idea what to do anymore. ok, i was actually using about 16 prewinds so that is probly my problem. The paint was brand new tho but it could be that the paint was cheap wal-mart paint because i cant afford the good stuff. Also, how do i no how long the feed tube has to be? and this is a stupid ? but do i have to prewind the qpods after every time i shoot them?
My God...16 prewinds? Good Lord, dude! I didn't use that many for my Ion. I used 12 for the Ion and if fed reliably and consistantly at 35 bps without a break anywhere in the system.

For your marker, you should not need more than 10 tops. Start with 4 and work your way up from there.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I Paintball with my Grandchildren

Go here, it show you how to adjust the tube.....http://www.qloader.com/supportmovies.html

Old 12-26-2006, 09:17 PM

do i have to prewind my pods after every time i load them?
and how do i no if i need to adjust my tube or not?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:38 PM
To the MAX

well when you have your qloader all hooked up, just pop balls into the tube through the socket without a pod in. if it's adjusted right, the last ball should be just about to touch the metal tab, an dyou should be able to put a pod in and out without the balls getting snagged. and you only have to prewind it once. it'll stay prewound after you set it the first time.

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 12-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

yoder...hook the socket to the marker and remove the tube from it. Take the feedneck elbow and insert it the feedneck (tube NOT inserted into the socket yet). Lock the bolt back and hand-feed about 20-30 paintballs into the tube. Decide what is the right length to reach your mounting socket, that the tube only has a slight bend in it. Find a ridge in the tube that lines up with the edge of the last paintball in the tube where it meets the socket. Take the Sharpie and make a dot on that ridge. Remove the paint from the tube and breech. Take a SHARP Xacto and cut the tube where you made that mark. Insert that cut end into the mounting socket.

As for the prewinds, you only have to set them once (unless you need to disassemble the pod for maintenence...then you have to do it again) but as a general rule, set it once and yer good. As I said above, start with 4 prewinds and shoot paint. If it feeds too slow, make it 5 prewinds...try again....and work your way up from there but you should NOT need more than 10 with the stock board.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:50 AM

ok thanx to all of you, you guys are soooooo much help. I wont be able to do any of this till after the 1st because im on a trip to go snowboarding right now but il be sure to get bak to you guys and see if it worked
Old 01-01-2007, 04:16 PM

ok i just got back from my christmas vaction, snowboarding was freakin awsome btw but back to the point. First thing i did wen i got home was go straight to my room and started to do the things you guys told me to do. I got a longer feed tube because the other one was too short and kept poppin out and i made the length of it perfect. Then i took all my qpods apart and changed the prewinds to 7(with eight they broke in the tube because the paint was very high quality) and then i hooked up the co2 and went outside and shot it. It worked like a charm. omg i love this thing sooooo much now that it works. It shoots alot faster than my imagine select did. Another thing i did that propably helped that was adjust the trigger to you barely have to pull it to shoot. Also I love the j&j barrel, it is so accurate that it feels like im shooting a real gun. Thanx you guys for all ur help in gettin in working right, i wish i could do sumtin to repay u for it.