Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Exclamation Im gettin a Spyder Electra ACS '05....finally

I'm gettin it for Christmas. I have already picked out some upgrades. Im gettin the .DYE Sticky 3 grips. Kingman Java Hopper???? not sure if its good or not. and and maybe a barrel. im more of a speedball player so i dont know if i should get one. I do play woodsball every now and then. guess it wouldnt hurt to get a 14" but how much would it effect the accuracy. I cant afford HPA. I am also probly getting a drop forward. just to let everyone know im a newbie. Ive played once. And I LOVE IT. I will play for the rest of my life.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm the Gimpinator! I'll be back!

Default Re: Im gettin a Spyder Electra ACS '05....finally

You're gonna love it.

the grips are nice, and a 14" barrell will help. When I first used my electra, I did run out of CO2 rather quickly compared to some other markers... You may want to grab a 2nd CO2 tank if you like to shoot a lot. Otherwsie, an HPA tank and scuba tank are a great investment. That way you can play for quite a while shooting as much as you like.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:21 PM

thanx. i guess the HPA tanks are expensive at first but good over the long run. i was definate thinking about buying 2 20oz of Co2. and what barrell should i get.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Resident *******

Haha, I know exactly what you mean about the sport. Welcome to the forums, btw. We're a bunch of PBers that you can feel free to ask any question to without feeling stupid.

For the ACS, you will want to break it in. You do this by compressing and decrompressing the spring a couple hundred times or so. Just sit back and chill while watching some TV or something while doing it.

Java hopper... eh.... not the best. It's just a gravity feed. Based upon your marker, I'd reccomend either a ViewLoader eVLution2 or a Halo/Reloader B. The Halo/Reloader will be more expensive, but better in the long run for its high feed rate. The Eggy (eVLution2) will be fine for most markers up to about 17bps. I wouldn't trust it with more unless it were Z-Boarded (like an Egg3, or just an Eggy with a Z-Board... a Zeggy). It's all up to your budget. You can pick an Egg up used on PBN for fairly cheap (eh, $35 or so), or just might snag a deal here if you post a WTB thread in the Sales Corner. Halo/Reloader B's can run you anywhere between $50 and $175. It depends on what they have on them. A good, solid base one should be sufficient for your means. I don't reccomend a Revvy for this marker as it can shoot way faster than the Revvy feeds, and even a first-time player can acheive a high BPS from the marker with a minimal amount of exposure to it.

HPA tanks are expensive. Plain and simple. They're $100-150 for a used one at the start, and depending on the tank, need to be rehydro'd every 3 or 5 years (all said and done $30-50), with a maximum service life on the bottle as well. The benefit of them is the wider variety of markers you can use, more shots per tank than CO2 (most times), and all day air at the speedball fields. Two 20oz's will be more than enough for a Spyder for a day, unless you go through as much paint as I do... heh.

As for barrels... any CP One Piece, J&J Ceramic, Smart Parts Progressive/ Teardrop/ All American/ Freak, DYE Ultralight, or Stiffi. That's in a list of how I personally would rank those barrels, from lowest to hightest. There are many other barrels out there, those are just the ones on the top of my mind right now. That order is also in order from lowest to highest price.

I know I just typed a lot, and I hope it helps you some with finding out more about the wonderful sport of paintball. Feel free to ask more questions here or just drop me a PM if you have a quickie in the future.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1992
I'm gettin it for Christmas. I have already picked out some upgrades. Im gettin the .DYE Sticky 3 grips. Kingman Java Hopper???? not sure if its good or not. and and maybe a barrel. im more of a speedball player so i dont know if i should get one. I do play woodsball every now and then. guess it wouldnt hurt to get a 14" but how much would it effect the accuracy. I cant afford HPA. I am also probly getting a drop forward. just to let everyone know im a newbie. Ive played once. And I LOVE IT. I will play for the rest of my life.
The grips are good. I have them on my ion. As for the hopper, you may want to get something thats force fed. A 14" barrel will help your accuracy as long as the paint to bore match is good. HPA would be a very good investment if you plan on playing for a while. Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt there a drop forward already on the electra? Buying a new drop forward would just be a waste of money, IMO.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

yes get the stickys, but not until you get an hpa tank. i got them and love them. for a barell and a drop forward you shouldnt get until you get an hpa tank. it is most important above all else. the electra come with an ok drop forward and a pretty good barrel. you should also get an electric hopper before the other stuff too. get performance before cosmetics. for a barrel a smart parts linear 14" is good and cheap. you can get a 45ci 3000psi tank for about $50 on the internet.

btw- dont spend more than $20 on a 20oz co2 tank.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:10 PM

i thought kingman made an electric hopper. or at least i saw one. i will post the link.

http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Kingma... DmKWvmOOMOkvX
Old 12-18-2006, 02:11 PM

Kingman Java Hopper............I meant a Kingman Fasta Hopper it feeds supposedly up to 30 bps. and its lcd. sorry about the confusion.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
New Guy

Ok here is my 2 cents... I am an eleven year vet to the game. I play BOTH styles religously... I run NOTHNING but Spyder in 11 years.. ok i owned a 98 Custom for likr a month ... I have an MR2, Electra 06 w/eyes, Pilot, Compact Deluxe, and an MR1.

If I were you I would go for either the Electra 06 or the NEW VS series as they have an antichop eye system. For a hopper I would go NOTHING other then the Halo B, the "eye activated" one. It loads 30bps and is the ONLY hopper so fare to keep up to MY electra.

Again this is my 2 cents. Also just to be warend, the Rocking trigger takes some while to get use to as it is UNLIKE any other trigger system. Either way a spyder is a good gun.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:14 PM

i cant afford the halo B. well isnt that the one thats like $140. the "Fasta" feeds the same speed. and u guys know alot more than i do so. Can you break in the ACS just by shooting it or do you have to take it apart.