Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Default Re: DRAGON's Fasta review.........

Drago, send it to me and I can add it to the Loader Comparisons

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 PM
2 Cute 2 Shoot

Question Re: DRAGON's Fasta review.........

hey guys, what I don't understand is, if the Fasta ( I want one) is made by Ricochet, then how could it reach 30bps, when Ricochet's fastest feeding hopper is only reaching (advertised speed) of 20bps? I'm no marketing major, but if I have an Ubercool product, then I'm gonna market it under my name first, not just contract-manufacture out to another company without making one with my own label on said product.
That said, have they released a Ricochet branded version of this product?
Old 12-16-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenkiller
I'm no marketing major, but if I have an Ubercool product, then I'm gonna market it under my name first, not just contract-manufacture out to another company without making one with my own label on said product.
It is possible that Kingman had a larger marketing capability at the time of manufacturer, or that Kingman found they could make some adjustments to the design, have it manufacturered for less by them since they already manufacture similar ones to save production costs and keep the price for the Fasta down. Good for both companies at that point really.

I am not a marketing major at all, but unfortunately I work at a company where I work with the marketing guys, the overseas source guys, well, pretty much everyone including the ceo on an almost daily basis and understand the principles of saving .10 per piece, multiplied by 250,000 pieces - that's $25,000 saved right there.
VL Quantum
Future Ups:
Clamping Feedneck
J&J 14" Ceramic Barrell
HPA system
50g trig. switch
---------------
I am a painter, you are my canvas. Run....
Old 12-17-2006, 08:20 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Myeh, I bet this thing won't feed 30 bps, maybe it'll do 20, I'm dismayed by the fact that it doesn't appear to be true force feed. Generally Ricochet totally lies about the feed rate of their hoppers, and I doubt this will be an exception. Hopefully I'm wrong though..
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Resident *******

Well, it could be a forcefeed.... You know, some people have converted their Eggy's in such a manner. Wait for his on-gun test to decide, IMO...

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-17-2006, 12:36 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Well did not get to the field today. It's just too close to Christmas and I have a ton of things to do. I did take some time today to do a drop test. I did not use a chronograph to do the time study. I was actually wondering what I was going to use to count the seconds and low and behold, the game timer counts seconds so I used that, how convenient -

I took 5 - 10 rd paintball tubes and banded them together then scooped the balls from the bag using that to count them. I used 200 balls at a time and there was plenty of room left for more balls in the hopper which I will touch on later -

My test results when using 200 balls were:

1) 8 seconds 25bps
2) 8 seconds 25bps
3) 7 seconds 28.57bps
4) 8 seconds 25bps
5) 7 seconds 28.57bps

So the average bps(1000 balls divided by 38 seconds) I got from the drop test was 26.315 balls per 1 second. Seems it could have been a little better because there were sporadic hesitations in the rhythm of the balls leaving the hopper. It may have done better if there was a constant back pressure on the stack with this tab sensor system, dunno -

In addition, I tried to see how many balls fit in the hopper at one time with the balls all the way to the end of the feedneck. I use RPS Ultra Evils. Lets just say for my comfort zone, which is leaving the balls a little loose in the hopper, 220 fit comfortably. I could have put more in it but I have had probs jamming hoppers to the max. It sometimes binds up the impeller and if your hopper goes gaga in the middle of a heavy confrontation, at times it can render you SOL -

Well that's it till I can get this thing on the field or a place where the cops won't be wanting to take one of my babies away. I plan to try this hopper with my Imp in 3 or 6 shot mode or full auto. I can set it to 30bps max though I don't like to use those settings. For a short test I don't think it'll be a prob -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 12-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Has Been

great job and great pictars!

looks like i may need to get one of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Halucin8ns

there is a review on pbreview that says this
"Ok just got this thing Friday ordered it the day it popped up on ebay and had it shipped overnight cuz i was having trouble with my halo keeping up with virtue board in PSP mode and i didnt wanna get a victory board for the hopper so i thought i would give Spyder another chance. When i got the hopper i wasnt thrilled with the look of of, it looked like... well... a spyder product, the screen was o.k. but kinda hard to press buttons with gloves on. I popped battery into hopper and gassed the gun up. It had no trouble keeping up with the virtue board. So saturday i went to PB country ( you can visit their site www.paintballcountryohio.com) and played. everything was going great then i slide into the 40 standup can and i TAPPED it on the ground coming in the hopper stopped feeding. I called myself out went back , replaced battery still nothing, aparently wiring came loose on the feeder and now i have to get it replaced"
the breakign part concerns me a litttle but if it was a wire breaking off that is just a bad solder joint and could happen even with a halo.
Dragunfire-TES Hpr,Polished
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
E99
Xraider
Black LCD Fasta
Feedback
Old 12-17-2006, 03:57 PM
RaWr

When you do an actual test drago, do you have a spyder that has pretty significant blowback? if so could you also test it on that, see how well it forces balls into the breech through blowback.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I have 2 LP'd Spyder's and they have average blowby. My Imp has a bit since it has a delrin bolt w/no o-rings. The only time any blowby is most aparent, is with the last few balls in the hopper and there is no tension on the balls at all. I've even chopped a few times with my Imp because of it. I'll watch how jumpy they are when I get around to this. My speculation is, I really doubt it will be much different than the Eggo -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216