View Poll Results: Review of the Radarchron ROF
Recommend! 5 83.33%
It is an alright product. 1 16.67%
Would not recommend! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2006, 06:23 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Default Review of the Radarchron ROF

The Radarchron ROF is the newest in handheld chronograph from Sport Sensors Inc.

I was looking through APG and found an add for a handheld chrono from the makers of the little yellow chrono that everyone uses, only this chrono caught my eye. It has a 3 digit display and a whole lot more.

So I call the manufacturer and it was a very pleasant phone call. They provided all the information I needed and I wanted one

A few weeks later my box showed up and I was very impressed. At first glance the Chrono looked solid, and upon picking it up it was. I went and grabbed the 3 'AA' batteries (thats right no more watch batteries) and turned it on. What a nice display, the numbers are big and bright. It has one multi function button on the front that lets you turn the chrono on and off and switch between readings while using it.

Display

The chrono has a few really nice features. First, you DO NOT need to reset it each time you want to chrono, just shoot and it will let you know the FPS. Ready for another test, just shoot again, and so forth. Second, it also does BPS and record the highest FPS and Lowest FPS over a string of shots. It will display the average FPS as well. The chrono will track up to a total of 255 shots at a time, so you can unload a hopper and see the BPS, and average FPS for the whole thing.

It has a metal fold out stand so you can sit it on the counter to shoot over it and since it does not need user intervention to chrono you can use it like the Red Chronos at most fields. It also has a screw in hole on the bottom of the chrono that lets you put it on a tripod, if you ask me that is a nice touch.

Fold out stand

Screw mount

It comes in a nice yellow bag, so it wont get lost easily, it may get some legs and walk away at the field it is really nice. The only thing I am not crazy about is the leather holster for it. You can get that as an option and is not included with the chrono, but I found it to be large and bulky, it does protect the chrono though.

Carry Bag

The instructions are well written and easy to follow.

I took the chrono to the field this past weekend and we put it to the test against the Red Field chronos and was right on the money. The refs actually liked it better, the display was much easier to read.

Over all this is a great chrono. The leather holster is not the greatest, but it does what it is supposed to do, protect the chrono.

If you are in the market for a chrono (if you don't have one you should be in the market for one, PLAY SAFE) then this is a great choice. You can go to http://www.paintballradar.com for more info, once it is released to the masses. Most likely they will be sent to the major distributors and then they will be available from stores.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Default Re: Review of the Radarchron ROF

I have never seen that one before, sounds like it has alot of nice features. I got one of the X-radar units myself. It will tell me the FPS and BPS but it doesn't do all the average stuff and you have to hold it on top of the barrel. That one looks nice the way you can mount it to a tripod.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 09-25-2006, 11:12 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Wow that sounds nice. What is the price of one of these?

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 09-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Bling Bling Bling

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE ON REVIEW ITEMS THAT YOU DO NOT OWN OR THAT YOU HAVE NOT USED.

The idea of the poll is to give a quick snap shot to perspective buyers on what we as a community feel about something.

Don't quote me, but the cost I was around $129. I think.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
Old 09-25-2006, 02:16 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Looks like a bird w/a poopchute, on its back with text written on its belly lol -

Nice review.....
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

are we reccommending the review or the product? im confused...
Old 09-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
are we reccommending the review or the product? im confused...

The Product.

If you have used the item being reviewed then please post additional info or comments, if not then don't vote in the poll and don't post unnecessary comments in the thread.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
Old 09-29-2006, 10:23 AM
RaWr

I got mine not long after you got yours, I like it ALOT beter than my previous handhelds.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 11-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Bling Bling Bling

UPDATE:

I received a new optional piece for the RADARChron ROF. It is a check in stand that lets you use the RADARChron ROF on a tabletop as a check in station.

The stand is made of red plastic which makes it easy to clean. The top comes off and stores the chronograph holder inside. You could, if you wanted, leave the chronograph in the holder inside the body of the check in station. There are 4 rubber feet on the bottom to keep it from sliding around.

Check in Stand Closed

Inside of the stand with the chronograph holder

The holder for the chronograph has clips in the back to hold the chrono in place and the front has a clear plastic cover to protect the face. The cover slides up letting you power on the unit. At the top of the holder is a concave padded section where the barrel sits. It is a nice touch not to mar the barrels. In the base there are few places you can put the chrono so you can figure out the best placement for your location.

Holder back

Holder Front

Holder Side in base

Gun Barrel in the Chrono Station

Over all this is a great addition to an already awesome product. The retail on it is $69.95 and if you like to keep your chrono on the ready or you have a field and want to set up a check in station, this is the way to go!

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed