Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2006, 12:23 PM
New Guy

Default Electronic hopper?

So i bought an MR1 about a month back, (im new to paintball and these forums) and i had had some problems with balls being chopped whenever i fired to fast, my marker is mechanical as i have not given it an electronic trigger or anything, yet i was still wondering if an electronic hopper would improve my rate of fire to avoid choppage during rapid fire.

I was thinking about just getting something low cost that could do about 10 bps. and i saw this online http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4529/ I wanted to know if it is worth it to buy an electronic hopper for a mechanical gun, and also if not then are there any high quality gravity fed hoppers out there? Id really apreciate any help from you guys, thanks.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Electronic hopper?

Me and my roommate had the same problem with the gravity feed hoppers....we switched to electric and have not had a problem yet......also we bought 9-10 bps hoppers, so it does help alittle

Another note, a friend of ours did the same thing and has not had a problem with balls chopping again
Old 12-12-2006, 05:50 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam3503
Me and my roommate had the same problem with the gravity feed hoppers....we switched to electric and have not had a problem yet......also we bought 9-10 bps hoppers, so it does help alittle

Another note, a friend of ours did the same thing and has not had a problem with balls chopping again
Cool, thanks for the advice, ill prolly go with the electric hopper then, that 30 dollar one looks nice yet still inexpensive.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:25 PM

just remember you get what you pay for... a 30$ hopper is not going to let you spray the field......but it will help feed a little better....I would take it out on a free day and fiddle around with it so you know how well it works
Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 PM
New Guy

I bought a used eggy for my mr1 totally eliminated chopping makes the gun seem quieter (no blowback) and i also did the venturi mod and i seem to be shooting straighter and further
Old 12-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Fancy.....12V Revvi or Y-Boarded Egg (EVlution II) should be considered as minimum standard. Unless you make the marker faster, you don't need anything faster than either of them.
If you do get a faster board/grip, then Z-Egg, Reloader B, Halo B, VLocity or QLoader would do well
Old 12-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Banned

Well since I believe the MR1 is mechanical, you dont need a fast hopper. You just need a force fed hopper, or an electronic hopper. Revvy's are pretty cheap, as are some of the eggs.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:47 PM
New Guy

Thanks alot guys, I plan on going with something pretty slow because i dont have any plans as of now to make my marker electronic, but just be able to keep up if i do want to fire a bit faster, ill look at your suggested hoppers more in depth.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 PM

then you got the right mind set
Old 12-18-2006, 03:23 PM
ParttimeKiller

ehopper = no more shake and bake

revy is good enough for the MR1...