Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2006, 06:51 PM
New Guy

Default Trigger is Sticking Sometimes

Well, got a game this weekend, and it doesnt look like I'll be able to use either of my Angels for one reason or another, unless it only takes like 3 days for canada-post to ship to Georgia.

So I dug out my old Shutter (aahh my first PB gun <3 at first sight), anyways, aired it up with a Co2 tank I had laying in my closet, and when I fire the trigger sticks in the back position sometimes.
The shutter has a stock WGP autococker reg on it, could this be part of the problem? not getting enough pressure through the gun? I don't recall ever playing or even shooting this Shutter since the WGP Reg was put on it.

Any ideas why my Trigger Sticks in the back postion?

I'm trying to find the stock reg and gas-thru grip, but I cant seem to remember where I put it.

Ugh....if I cant get this fixed, I go from 2 angels, to a shutter, down to probably a field rental tippmann.

Some of you may remember me on here a few years ago, i was like member #1xx....and I was a mod for a little while. heh? heh?
Scrappy? Otter? Anyone else? hehe

My spyder knowledge is a bit rusty, and could use a refresher tip or two.

*Edit* I do have a Chrono, not sure if it will help or not for this situation.

Thanks
-Steven

Last edited by mstpaintball : 12-06-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Re: Trigger is Sticking Sometimes

I think the WGP reg's output might be too low. I have a couple of em, but I've never used em on my imagine. Have you tried turning it up all the way?

Er, have you stripped it down and cleaned the whole thing out yet? Thats the first thing I do when theres a problem, make sure its running perfectly, and its easier to find the problem.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
New Guy

Yeah, thats what I was thinking.

Hopfully I feel like working on it tomorrow after work, time is running out.

Thanks
-Steven
Old 12-06-2006, 08:15 PM

Respected, period.

Since the Shutter is mechanical the operating pressure has nothing to do with the trigger sticking, actually it wouldn't with an electronic trigger either. Stock my Shutter would operate fine around 600 psi, but every marker is different. If I'd have to guess what was wrong I'd say that it is probably one of the springs in the trigger frame. That or there is paint and dirt gummed up inside the trigger frame making it stick. If my Shutter wasn't all the way upstairs I'd go get it and look at it and get other ideas but I'm too tired right now. If you get a chance to take it apart tomorrow and have any questions after that let us know. I've had my Shutter for probably 5 years at least and have stripped it down countless times.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

I have a very interesting solution for you. take a rubber band. hook it into the trigger, wrap it around the outside of the trigger guard and then hook it into the trigger again. loosely hold it up to your shoulder and the kick should allow you to have a bump fireable shutter. Fastest mech spyder ever too if it works. if it does work I demand that you make and subsequently post vids. i'd almost be interested in buying a mech spyder to try it out myself. never shoulda sold the shutter's mech frame