Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
New Guy

Exclamation Need Help Fast!

Hey i looked this up but no one else had a problem like this. I just bought a new Spyder Pilot ACS and right out of the box i starting playing with it, i didnt charge the battery and i just hooked up the Co2 and played. The gun was workin amazing until my 2nd game and then it started braking paint in the barrel. So then i stoped shooting and looked what was goin on and there was paint balls stuck in my barrel, so i took the Co2 out and took the Balls out. But when i hooked the Co2 up to the gun agian and cocked the gun it would't recock after firing once... What do u think happed? Is it just 2 low of Co2 or is it that i didnt charge the battery?

Im also looking for a good hopper that can keep up with the BPS of my pilot what do people reccomend??
Old 12-03-2006, 03:58 PM
<('.'<)C--('.'q)

Default Re: Need Help Fast!

Yes, charge the battery. I've heard it takes up to 7-14 hours, so just hook it up for a good time and you should be ready to go. Also, it might be your co2. If you can push the pin down, you need a fill up. Also, if you see your velocity dropping (paintballs not going as far or fast) then you should refill.

A good hopper would be a Viewloader Evolution II (eggy for short) they will keep up with the pilot.

One heart, One love, One Gun.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:29 PM

Respected, period.

I'm going to say it was probably due to the co2. If your tank is low and does not have enough pressure in it to operate your marker then you will have these problems.

As for the battery, read the manual on how it says to charge it and follow what it says exactly.

Loaders, I guess it all depends on what your paintball plans are. If you just play once in a while and have no plans of upping your marker or upgrading to a higher end marker then the Eggy is a good choice. If you have plans on doing upgrades on your current marker or to a higher end marker you might consider investing now in a higher end loader, such as a VLocity or a Pulse.

Welcome to the forum!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 12-03-2006, 04:32 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Was it clicking after it fired the first time? if not, then the batter would be the problem. More likely, you just need to clean out the gun, and lube the striker. I would also suggest "breaking in the bolt" by compressing the ACS mechanism around 500 or so times. That will help it to prevent chops in the future. Also, if your co2 was low could cause the problem, but you shouldn't run out in one game, unless you have a small tank or you shot alot of paint, or both.

As to a hopper, an Eggy 2 or 3 would be a good choice, but actually I would wait and see what the verdict on the new kingman loader is, its supposed to come out really soon, and to be around the same price as the egg, but faster.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 12-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Divinity II Georgia

i would oil up too
CP No Friction ASA
Shocktech Mini-Drop
QEV
Egg 2 with Speedfeed
47/3000 HPA Crossfire
Old 12-03-2006, 05:17 PM
New Guy

Thumbs up Thanxs

Its brand New u really think would need to oil it already?

Thanxs to every one who has helped out im gonna charge it all tonight and refill my Co2. I will tell u all how it works out for me.. Thanxs alot!! for all the help

-E
Old 12-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Halucin8ns

read your instructions and it says to oil all the orings before first use.
charge the battery before first use.
Have a reat time with a great marker.
Dragunfire-TES Hpr,Polished
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
E99
Xraider
Black LCD Fasta
Feedback
Old 12-03-2006, 05:19 PM
New Guy

Question Re: Need Help Fast!

I would also suggest "breaking in the bolt" by compressing the ACS mechanism around 500 or so times.

I dont understand this, sorry im a noob... what do u mean?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Halucin8ns

take the bolt out of the marker and you will see a pin sticking out of the back of the bolt. hold the bolt in one hand and with the thumb of the same hand pull down on this pin and compress the spring for an hour or so while watching tv.
Dragunfire-TES Hpr,Polished
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
E99
Xraider
Black LCD Fasta
Feedback
Old 12-03-2006, 07:57 PM

Respected, period.

To break in the bolt, the easy way, get a battle swab, stick it in your feedneck, fire your marker about 500-1000 times. A lot easier than doing it by hand and more effective, also lets you practicing walking the trigger.

As for oiling, I would oil and clean your marker after ever use. If your bolt is delrin then the only thing you would need to oil is the striker o-ring. If it is aluminum then you will need to oil it as well as the striker o-ring. Make sure for those parts you are using a light weight paintball specific oil, like Gold Cup. To clean you marker just strip it down and run a battle swab through the body a couple times. If it is really dirty use some warm soapy water, of course if you are using water make sure you take the trigger frame off.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations