Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I Like Me

Default 10round Feed on Cocker

Hey guys,

Christmas break will soon be upon us (well, not for like a month, but I'm impatient, shoot me) and i was thinking of a project to do. I want to make a 10round feed for my cocker. I recently got a CCM pump kit for it and am running a Revvy on it but i want to make it to the next step and make the stick feed. Anyone got any ideas on how to make one, since the feed neck is pressed in i was thinking of making it out of PVC tubing, using a 90* elbow and the proper length to hold the balls. Any idea on a cap to make loading easier? I could using an elastic over the end and move it every time i want to load, but i want to make one like on the phantoms and such, any ideas on that?

Seen someone do this before, pictures would be great too. I've got some time for planning and getting materials before the break but want to make it as painless as possible when I do do it.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM
To the MAX

Default Re: 10round Feed on Cocker

probably some type of rubber end cap, maybe a piece of pvc with a rubber cover on it so you could make it a quickfeed

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 12-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I Like Me

Anyone else?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:52 AM
Matrix Connoisseur

i made one for my SL-68 II. it was pretty easy to do, just pick up some 3/4 PVC (i had to buy mine in a 10 foot length, but it was still only like $1.50) and a 3/4 to 1/2 90º elbow. you will have to do alot of sanding on the elbow, on both the inside and outside, so it helps if you have a dremel. as for the cap, i just cut off a piece of another 3/4 adaptor and put a piece of fiber glass tape over the end. you could eisily make a nicer cap, but i was too lazy. maybe put some type of rubber/foam around the inside diameter that compresses when you stick in a tube.

mine actually holds like 18-20 balls if you count the feedneck, but you can make yours as big/small as you want.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:06 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

I believe SCI (Is that the company that manufactures Phantoms? Or is it CCI? Or SOMETHING) actually sells the end caps that they use on their Phantom stockers. They are like 15 bucks or something..

You can use PVC or copper, both will work. Just find the right sized elbow, and tube, and you should be set. If you were to have the endcap be home made, I can't really think of anything small enough to do what the phantom style endcaps do. It's essentially a ghetto speedfeed, but the size of a quarter.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Just get a phantom feedgate from wevo and tape it to the end of some 3/4" pvc pipe and your good to go.

JB.