FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
"I'll kick your ass!!"

Default 2 piece barrels

Can anyone give me a list of good 2-piece barrels
Old 11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Gangsta!

Default Re: 14" or 16" barrel

OK thanks guys! looks like im going to get the Freak barrel kit 14", for my VS2!
-Halo Rip Drive Hopper
-Pure Energy 3000 PSI Air Tank
-Dye Invision Mask
-Dye Barrel Condom
Old 11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
wat

Default Re: 2 piece barrels

Power, try to keep your questions in one thread if you can help it. I merged the threads since those questions are all related.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Spyder Addict

ok I always wondered this but how does a barrel use more air if it doesn't control the air output or input and is the thing in the chain and also a mostly non moving non adjustable part
Old 12-02-2006, 07:15 AM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheroguy
ok I always wondered this but how does a barrel use more air if it doesn't control the air output or input and is the thing in the chain and also a mostly non moving non adjustable part
Because of friction, the ball traveling through the barrel is slowing down the whole time it is in the barrel due to friction. This requires you to increase the velocity, by increasing the amount of air behind the ball. therefore the longer the barrel, the more friction there is, the more air you will need to use to have a velocity of 280-300 fps.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 12-02-2006, 09:12 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Wow, you couldn't have been more accurate lol. Almighty awesomeness..

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 12-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Spyder Addict

oh so you having the velocity up uses more air got ya
Old 12-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

HOWEVER, it's been my experience that the difference in efficiency is NOT that great when shooting a 16" barrel as opposed to a 14" barrel. 2 INCHES doesn't really matter that much. The ball really only touches the back of the barrel for about 5 or so inches - the rest just directs the ball in the proper direction. Sure, maybe you'll lose 20 shots or so, but big deal? Make sure you fill up before each game and if you have to rely on those last 20 shots to win a game, shame on you! Go practice some more!

I personally prefer 12-14 inch barrels. However, many people prefer 16" barrels to help push around bunkers and through brush and have that much more cover. Now, when you talk 18"-21" - NOW you're talking a problem.

By the way, the BARREL does NOT give you more distance. It's simple physics that any gun set to 300FPS is going to shoot a given distance. Friction does play a part, and the longer a ball has to travel through a barrel, the slower it will go in the end - however a distance of 2 inches is NOT going to add a foot, or take away a foot.

12, 14, 16 - pick a size that looks best on your gun and use it!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:19 PM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
HOWEVER, it's been my experience that the difference in efficiency is NOT that great when shooting a 16" barrel as opposed to a 14" barrel. 2 INCHES doesn't really matter that much. The ball really only touches the back of the barrel for about 5 or so inches - the rest just directs the ball in the proper direction. Sure, maybe you'll lose 20 shots or so, but big deal? Make sure you fill up before each game and if you have to rely on those last 20 shots to win a game, shame on you! Go practice some more!

I personally prefer 12-14 inch barrels. However, many people prefer 16" barrels to help push around bunkers and through brush and have that much more cover. Now, when you talk 18"-21" - NOW you're talking a problem.

By the way, the BARREL does NOT give you more distance. It's simple physics that any gun set to 300FPS is going to shoot a given distance. Friction does play a part, and the longer a ball has to travel through a barrel, the slower it will go in the end - however a distance of 2 inches is NOT going to add a foot, or take away a foot.

12, 14, 16 - pick a size that looks best on your gun and use it!
This holds true, the difference between 10-12-14-16 is not noticeable enough to really worry about. However barrels of greater length tend to have a longer ported section of the barrel to make it aesthetically pleasing. This allows the air to escape out of the barrel, but if this section is too long, too much air escapes while the ball is still in the "friction zone", so if the ball is still undergoing heavy friction and the air that propels it is escaping, you are using a lot more are just to get the ball out of the barrel. I am tired, I hope that this is making sense to you.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."