Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Paintball Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
And then get into trouble with the law, and expelled from school... Plagiarism is not something to mess around with..

I agree with Dre although I do not mind helping out a little by giving the info to you, now what you do with said info is up to you, just remember that plagiarism is serious.
EL OH EL - We've already had junior high kids cheat on reports....they don't understand that we (teachers) hae access to programs to let us check the web for the exact things they use in their papers. At least 3 have "copy and pasted" COMPLETE reports directly from websites or from other reports that have been registered online.....

Oh, they got semester expulsions, have to attend night school and failing grades for those classes for this semester. One of the students was a girl who was on the fast track to the top of her class...guess what happened to her "fast track?"

Bottom line - if you use that information, don't be lazy! Just rewrite it in your own words. Oh, and do your own homework!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Spyder Addict

one of my teachers last year actually bought a program that was able to find out if it was plagiarized or not. It was sad too when some kids got caught even after she said that she could find out if it was plagiarized or not. Its actually not as hard as people think it is to write a report in their own words while using information without copying and pasting.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned

^^Yea that is really easy^^

Copy+ Paste into Word, and then open the thesarus and start changing words and deleting some stuff. I just did it like 2 days ago..lol
Old 11-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Changing words isn't like rewriting what you read - it's just, changing words. I actually have failed students for doing that very thing. Most of the time, teachers aren't as stupid as what most students think they are.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:42 PM
I Like Me

Thanks guys, and don't worry, I'm not copying and pasting anything. I just needed a place to start and pull facts from, and seeing as i don't follow any tourney ball i wouldn't have known where to start.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:42 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Changing words isn't like rewriting what you read - it's just, changing words. I actually have failed students for doing that very thing. Most of the time, teachers aren't as stupid as what most students think they are.
Key phrase being, "most of the time." LOL.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Divinity II Georgia

got the name of the program you use to find plagiarised papers? i dont copy and paste i just rewrite stuff from like 3 sources and throw them together, but id like to know what im up against.
CP No Friction ASA
Shocktech Mini-Drop
QEV
Egg 2 with Speedfeed
47/3000 HPA Crossfire
Old 11-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Kaibil

www.ollielang.com , that should help a lil.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Spyder Addict

i woulda picked tom kaye or someone who actually did something to advance the sport, not just be good at it. but thats just me i guess...

and about teachers not always being as stupid as you think, well... in some ways, some teachers are painfully ignorant... not all, tho, unfortunately :P
Old 11-23-2006, 04:19 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMotioN
got the name of the program you use to find plagiarised papers?
Hahaha! Yeah, right! Like I wanna give out top secret information...

Actually, I don't know the names of the programs - our tech advisor installed them district-wide, and I never bothered to look at the name - I just know the button to click...I'll check next week though when I go back to school..

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebh
and about teachers not always being as stupid as you think, well... in some ways, some teachers are painfully ignorant... not all, tho, unfortunately :P
That's why I said most - in a real sense, we're no different than normal people in the world, we just have a job to do. However, I, too, unfortunately, know some of those painfully ignorant teachers!

Back on topic - Really though, it's not hard to summarize. My 5th graders know how to summarize, so I would assume you guys do to. It's just not worth the hassle if you get caught!