Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 01:34 PM
I Like Me

Default Paintball Celebrity

Hey guys, need your help. Ive got this project i have to do for a class and one portion of it is to pick a celebrity of your sport (paintball obviously) and tell about him, what his achievements are, and other fact about such person. So, naturally, I have chosen Olli Lang. Now, I'm not up on the tournament scene so if you guys could supply me on some facts about his "career" in paintball and his achievements that would be super. Any resources you've got on him as well would be fantastic as well, thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

Default Re: Paintball Celebrity

no, dont do ollie lang, do max lundquist!
Old 11-21-2006, 02:38 PM
I Like Me

well, if you can get me a bunch of info I'll do whomever, but Ollie is the most recognized name i know so thats why i picked him. Fell free to change my mind with more info.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Weeeee!

Do your own homework
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:26 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

He is.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 11-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Public Enemy #1

Look in the Dynasty forum of PBN, I believe there's some history stuff in there. All I know is he was part of the original team "Iron Kids" which is where some of the great Dynasty players like Fragie and Greenspan played.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:17 PM
RaWr

check out their website.

http://www.dynastypaintball.com/team.htm

Quote:
Oliver Lang and Alex Fraige started playing paintball when they were 14. They played their first local tournament at Mare Island Paintball Games, in Vallejo, California, and didn't do well. At their next tournament, they got fourth place. With some friends they'd met playing walk-on paintball at Mare Island, they formed a ten-man team. They traveled to the Great Western Series Championship and while competing in the Novice division, learned they still had a long way to go. That was November, 1997, and since then, Oliver and Alex have earned places on two of the top ten NPPL Amateur A teams, but they still wanted their own team, and their own success. So the two of them set out to make it happen.

The first step was easy. All of their friends agreed they'd like to play on the same team, but there were two problems. First, the Great Western Las Vegas tournament was just a couple weeks away. Second, three of their players were unable to make the trip. But Oliver and Alex were not to be stopped. They made the calls to find substitute player; they arranged for entrance fees and hotels and plane tickets. These are challenging details to handle for any team captain, but even more so if you're only 16. Ever tried getting a hotel room or a rental car at that age? Impossible. Again, their intelligence and persistence overcame every obstacle that was thrown at them, and the Ironkids went to Vegas.

The Ironkids roster included Alex and Oliver along with 17-year-olds Yosh Rau from the Diggers, and Ryan Greenspan from Outta Control, 15-year-old Brian Cole and 21-year-old Kevin Bredthauer from Krusade, and Todd Martinez, 20, from the Turtles. They picked up 21-year-old Davey Williamson from the SC Ironmen as well. It was these eight that made up the core of the Ironkids' first place 5 and 10-man teams. 21-year-olds Eric Roberts and Eric Crandall would make the trip to San Diego, as would 18-year-old Angel Fragoza from the Diggers. The Outsiders Whit Pierce, 17, for the Portland tournament, filling out the roster with an average age of 18.

What Alex and Oliver had succeeded in doing was bringing together 12 of the top young players in California. For some teams, having 12 kids would be a problem. With this group, it was the answer. After winning the 5 and 10-man Amateur in Las Vegas, the Ironkids won the Amateur 5 and 10-player divisions in the San Diego Great Western, followed by a 5-man victory at the SC Village "Summer Slam". Most recently, the Ironkids once again took first place in the Amateur 5 and 10-player events at the Portland Great Western. Seven tournaments and seven victories. The number of games lost can be counted on one hand.

Alex and Oliver had put together what so far has amounted to an unstoppable force. They delegated responsibility to those who had the resources and responsibility to make it succeed. Davey Williamson and Eric Crandall share the captain duties. With a combined 15 years experience between them, they were best suited to making reservations, getting sponsors, and handling the on-field duties of a captain. For two 16-year-old kids to make that call is incredible. Then again, so are Alex and Oliver. Every member of the Ironkids takes an active part in helping to further the Ironkids success. These 12 unique young men have combined to create a totally awesome experience for everyone involved.

The Ironkids' success is the result of hard work and dedication by all 12 players, as well as how the individual skills mesh on the field. Most importantly, the success of the Ironkids corresponds to how the 12 players interact off the field. The Ironkids' have fun on and off the playing field, and that chemistry has resulted in a top notch tournament paintball team. Portland, like San Diego and Las Vegas was nonstop fun. The 12 players have an incredible time together. They played 5-on-5 basketball, they played paintball in their rental house (without paint and air), and they just had a blast. It's this relationship they have with each other off the field that makes being on the field so incredibly fun. And they win because they're having fun.

What the Ironkids put on the field is 12 young men who have balanced a competitive attitude with having fun. This unique combination was recognized early on by a number of sponsors. Mare Island Paintball brought together most of the "kids" and provides them with a place to play--which they do nearly every weekend. There's more to being competitive and having fun than just wanting it. Having the necessary equipment and backing is important too. Jerry, John, Jay, and Alycia with Diggers Paintball Shoes also played a key role in the allowing the Ironkids to realize the success that they have. Richard at Great American Paintballs has been incredible as well. Dave at DYE barrels, Chuck at JT USA, Kevin at Super K Web Design, Rose from Unique Sporting, Chris at KAPP Products, and Kevin at Kustom Graphic Apparel are the other sponsors that allowed the Ironkids dream to come true. It's these sponsors whose equipment and support allow the Ironkids to live up to their full potential. Without the incredible vision these companies showed in supporting these young men and their dream, non of this could ever have happened. The Ironkid's success is a result of all of these sponsors' commitment to the best.

Alex and Oliver succeeded where almost everyone fails. They turned their dream into a reality by creating a fun and successful team. For this, these two young men should be applauded. All the members of the team are thankful to be able to play on a team where everyone is not just part of the team, but part of a family. The Ironkids have Alex Fraige and Oliver Lang to thank for the wonderful times they've had, and all the fun to come. These two 16-year-old kids created what may just be the most successful team in the history of the Great Western Series, and the team definitely has the most fun. If they can do it, you can too.

After the IronKids, the same core of players hooked up with Chris Hagin from KAPP Products to play as KAPP Factory.

They played in the Amatuer Divison of the NPPL during the 2000 season and had an excellent year, finishing 1 st in the overall standings. Outta Control's roster consisted of: Alex Fraige, Ryan Greenspan, Angel Fragoza, Yosh Rau, Tom Palechek, Chris Hagin, Jon Almera, Opie Loughran, Tim Peters, Kenny Chamberlain, Kevin Bredthauer, Chuck Hendch, and Brad Maughan.

Oliver Lang turned pro with the Ironmen, becoming the youngest pro at age 17. He immediately made a name for himself at the Mardi Gras open by shooting all 5 Image players in a finals game. The Ironmen went on to win the NPPL Pro Divison that year as well.

Todd Martinez was picked up by the Ironmen and quickly changed teams again, moving to Avalanche.

For 2001, Chuck Hendsch, now the president of the NPPL, took most of the members of Outta Control, and formed a new pro team, Dynasty. There is a little confusion as to who came up with the name Dynasty, but as best we can figure it, Ryan Greenspan was the one who thought it up.

Dynasty played the 2001 pro season with the following players on their roster: Alex Fraige, Ryan Greenspan, Rodney Squires, Chuch Hendsch, Angel Fragoza, Opie Loughran, Johnny Perchak, Brad Maughan, Glen Forster, Kevin Bredthauer, Sonny Lopez, Marcus Nielsen, Andy Kopcok, and Brian Cole.

They had the following record. 3 rd LA open, 12th Gettysburg, 3 rd Chicago open, reffed Atlantc City , 1 st World Cup. 3 rd Toulouse France, 3 rd England.

In 2001 Dynasty began what today is an unprecedented run. Given their current success, it's hard to imagine that until Dynasty came around, it was impressive just to make the finals most of the time.

2002 was a big year for Dynasty. They went on an amazing winning streak, but more importantly, Oliver Lang returned to the team. In the midst of the 2003 season, Dynasty went through the ground breaking process of incorporating themselves, so that they would be self-owned.

The 2004 season was another amazing year for Dynasty. Todd Martinez and Yosh Rau rejoined the team, truly bring all the original IronKids back together. (I don't count Eric Roberts and Davey Williamson since they were already playing on the Ironmen at the time, and Whit and myself don't play anymore).

So that is a story of Dynasty, and where they came from. There are so many people who supported the entire process, and without their contribution, Dynasty would not ever have been. I think they all know who they are. I'd particularly like to single out Jason Bedell, who was the driving force in Lofty, and a member of the World Cup Team. Bob Long, who is unquestionably one of the greatest paintball minds ever, who let "the kids" practice with his team. Richard Fraige, who supplied all the paint they could shoot, allowing the team top play and practice as much as they wanted, which was a lot. Chris Hagin who kept them going during 2000. Chuck Hendsch, who helped Dynasty turn pro, and become what they are today. I'd also especially like to thank the original sponsors of the IronKids who supported something new and groundbreaking. It's amazing to think that their support led to this. Even more amazing is that JT and GAP are still two of the teams biggest sponsors at supporters.

So there it is. An idea of how the best professional team in the world, and maybe ever, came to be. They started out with a dream, and haven't stopped trying to live it.
And you can go on to say that now Ollie is the first salaried PB player, and that he worked his way to being a high ranking member of DYE's staff etc.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 11-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

Looks like your report is done! Just Copy and Paste into Word.
2 - IONs - 360 QEV, Egg II, Redz Clamping Feedneck, TechT L7,ND Detents. Freak w/ All American Front

Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Weeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drefish99
Do your own homework
I stand with this statement.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:32 AM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbishop66
Looks like your report is done! Just Copy and Paste into Word.
And then get into trouble with the law, and expelled from school... Plagiarism is not something to mess around with..

I posted that info for him to take a look at some of the history of team Dynasty, I was merely giving him the means of finding the info now he needs to read through that and take some facts that he wants to use.

I agree with Dre although I do not mind helping out a little by giving the info to you, now what you do with said info is up to you, just remember that plagiarism is serious.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."