Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Spyder Addict

Default How to make grips sit flush

How do you do this also my front block wobbles a bit now how do I fix this and also no one has told how to oil the regulator
Old 11-08-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm the Gimpinator! I'll be back!

Default Re: How to make grips sit flush

as far as the front being wobbly.... mine is fine under pressure... but I know some say that it can be fixed perminatly.. apparently some of the early VS markers shipped with a washer on the screw that holds the va to the rest of the marker... From what i've read, removing this washer solves the problem.

as for the grips... My issue was from the batter and battery wire. i just messed around with it.. flipped the battery around moved the wire all over the place, lol. did what I could to put the wire in whatever crevas was there... then the grips were almost flush... just off by a hair.. maybe 3 hairs. put the grips back on and just squeezed a little. now they sit flush. I'm not really sure that anything else can be done.

as for oiling the regulator... I just know i've been told to do this under certain circumstances... never met those so never had to do it, so i really dunno how is the right way. I could tell you a few different ways, but i'm not sure that they're the right way.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Resident *******

Loosen the screw ever so slightly until it sits flush. When you tighten them ALL the way down as far as they go, it causes them to tilt upward around the edges some.

To oil the regulator, put 3-4 drops of PB gun oil into the asa before you screw in your tank. I'm sure there's a way in the manual to rip it apart to lubricate it completely, but the oil always works for me on the fly.

EDIT: Damn CareBaar beat me to it, but yeah, I didn't realize that also could be what you meant about the grips. I find that in a lot of electronic markers that you have to fiddle with the wires to get the grips down completely.

I've heard that a lot about the front block, too. I wouldn't worry about it until your front block shoots off when you air it up, the screw starts wiggling it's way out, etc.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm the Gimpinator! I'll be back!

lol, that could be it too red. I was just rattled off the only problem i've ever had with the vs grip..

Heck, maybe it's both????
Old 11-09-2006, 08:31 AM
I heart paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear-Killer
as far as the front being wobbly.... mine is fine under pressure... but I know some say that it can be fixed perminatly.. apparently some of the early VS markers shipped with a washer on the screw that holds the va to the rest of the marker... From what i've read, removing this washer solves the problem.
this is what was wrong with mines, and by removing the washer this removed all the play in the foregrip