Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
vwjimmy's Avatar
vwjimmy vwjimmy is offline
Here, there, everywhere!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kentucky Bluegrass
Posts: 1,858
Default Re: Boy Scouts

There is nothing wrong about being a Boy Scout! I was an athlete and a BS.....and if you think learning about how to survive, help others, and be the kind of man that you can be proud of is gay....well, you have alot to learn about life...
A Scout is:
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courtious, Kind, Obiedent, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
__________________
Angels, Timmys, ICD Bushy, Pimp, and lots of Spyders
Old Farts Club
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:19 PM
spyderpaintball's Avatar
spyderpaintball spyderpaintball is offline
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 498
Default Re: Boy Scouts

Eagle Scout.

I enjoyed it until my troop was overrun by fat kids and their over protective mothers. We basically had to stop doing anything remotly dangerous due to the fact that thier mothers feared for their saftey. Im not talking anything dangerous stuff like sports, ect. That and the mothers decided to take over the troop and change it from a scout run troop to a mom run troop. I finally bugged out after a mom torn into me for reprimanding their son for (gosh forbid) doing something he wasnt supposed to,
__________________
Return of the Old School.

U. Dayton 2010 Go Flyers!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
durrell's Avatar
durrell durrell is offline
wat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,927
Default Re: Boy Scouts

I was in Royal Rangers, which is basically the same. I earned my Gold Medal of Achievement which is equivalent to the Eagle Scout, got letters from the President, Congressmen, got a flag flown over the Capital in my honor..it was pretty sweet.
__________________
lol paintball
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-07-2006, 04:14 AM
Gunny462's Avatar
Gunny462 Gunny462 is offline
grumpy old man
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 59
Default Re: Boy Scouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
There is nothing wrong about being a Boy Scout! I was an athlete and a BS.....and if you think learning about how to survive, help others, and be the kind of man that you can be proud of is gay....well, you have alot to learn about life...
A Scout is:
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courtious, Kind, Obiedent, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
And............. Hungry!

Geesh Gotta remind ya of the important one?
__________________
Electra DX, Rodeo & A-5
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-07-2006, 05:05 AM
silentpaintballfreak's Avatar
silentpaintballfreak silentpaintballfreak is offline
Me<Respect
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: miz-ur-e
Posts: 90
Default Re: Boy Scouts

My town had Tiger Scouts. Basically a school run boy scouts. our school mascot was the tigers hence the name. It lasted long enough for a true boyscouts to start. Then that failed horrible because of the inresponsible leader guy. then my parents started one for my brother and it lasted 3years. Now there is none. But my Uncle runs one in Arkansas that i believe is pretty big.
__________________
people obsex over my ion. yeah its that pimp.

SamBenson "Being broke isn't fun. But being broke because of paintball is."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-07-2006, 06:05 AM
splater18 splater18 is offline
owch
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Olreans
Posts: 519
Default Re: Boy Scouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebh
im a boy scout, and proud of it the one thing i would different about the whole BSA program thing is to make a paintball merit badge. apparently, its too "dangerous" even though the entire front half of every merit badge book is about safety it seems... even basketry... i work at a boy scout summer camp every summer, teaching merit badges to younger scouts. its an awesome job, even if the pay is low.

I have been to dallas where their headquarters is and talked with the guy who makes the merit badges. He told me there are literly thousands of letters asking to start a paintball merit badge. the only thing thats stoping it the insurance most councils insurance is not that great and thay just think its a bad idea.

This year my dad is going to run summer camp for our council that means Ill be in the booines 7 weeks straight helping out.
__________________
***Rodeo Owners Club***
***Imagine Owners Club***
spyders are like fat chicks there fun until your friends see you with one
NATO: NOOBs Are Taking Over

I could really care less if your parents pay for your paintball stuff
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
splater18 splater18 is offline
owch
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Olreans
Posts: 519
Default Re: Boy Scouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny462
And............. Hungry!

Geesh Gotta remind ya of the important one?
you beat me to it
__________________
***Rodeo Owners Club***
***Imagine Owners Club***
spyders are like fat chicks there fun until your friends see you with one
NATO: NOOBs Are Taking Over

I could really care less if your parents pay for your paintball stuff
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
MadMan66's Avatar
MadMan66 MadMan66 is offline
won't be on very much during the football season
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 165
Default Re: Boy Scouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
I was in Royal Rangers, which is basically the same. I earned my Gold Medal of Achievement which is equivalent to the Eagle Scout, got letters from the President, Congressmen, got a flag flown over the Capital in my honor..it was pretty sweet.
hay, i was in that at my church! but they changed it when i was in the 5th grade. my best friend's dad is the leader of it at my church.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 PM
kidonfire's Avatar
kidonfire kidonfire is offline
If you fall down a bottomless pit, you die of starvation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Thumbing my way home on the side of the interstate
Posts: 926
Default Re: Boy Scouts

I'm in a thing called the Aviation Explorers, that is associated with the boy scouts....
__________________
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% pain, 100% reason to remember the name.



Everything you need to know
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
calebh's Avatar
calebh calebh is offline
Spyder Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East TX / New Orleans
Posts: 954
Default Re: Boy Scouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by splater18
I have been to dallas where their headquarters is and talked with the guy who makes the merit badges. He told me there are literly thousands of letters asking to start a paintball merit badge. the only thing thats stoping it the insurance most councils insurance is not that great and thay just think its a bad idea.

This year my dad is going to run summer camp for our council that means Ill be in the booines 7 weeks straight helping out.
sweet, which council?

i hadnt thought about the insurance issue, but it doesnt surprise me... oh well...
__________________
you can trust me.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:30 PM.