Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Battle of Stalingrad, Skirmish, PA

www.Skirmish.com

BATTLE OF STALINGRAD– 10 March 2007 - a 7-hour winter scenario –$35.00 per person, pre-registered by 02/22/07. ($49.00 if you register late or at the gate)

I'm going...hopefully with the PennDragons. Who else is game??

EDIT 25 Nov 06 : Stats are up now. Here they are:

Additional note...I had to make the font yellow because when I copied/pasted the info, it's the only way it would show up. Yer gonna have to just deal with it -.-

Rate:
$39.00 per person, plus tax - pre-registered by 02/22/07
$31.00 per person, plus tax – pre-registered group rate (20+) players
$53.00 per person, plus tax - late registration or at the gate
Players without reservations may have to wait until pre-registered players check-in!
GROUP LEADER BENEFITS: The following group leader benefits apply, with advance reservations only:
Bring 10+ – one person plays free
Bring 20+ – everyone receives the reduced rate of $31.00 per person and the a Skirmish Gold Card
Bring 25+ – you’ll receive a Free Tippmann 98 – brand new, to keep or one case of paint! Plus above
Bring 30+ – another person will play for Free, plus above
Bring 45+ – receive a Free Tippmann A-5 – to keep OR 2 Cases of Paint, Plus above(except the Tippmann 98/Paint)
CHECK-IN & PARKING: Directly at the SKIRMISH FIELDS - Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. You’ll find detailed directions on the DIRECTIONS PAGE
Have ENTRY TICKET WITH YOU - FILLED OUT & UNFOLDED!!!
Receive: Dog-tags, Wristbands, Maps, Rules
Everyone MUST have Wristbands, Dog-tags and hopper tape to play!!!
Lost Wristband or Dog-tags, please report to check-in window.
Your Wristband and Dog-Tag is proof of payment. If lost, you will be asked to pay again!
SCHEDULE:
8am – 10am – Check-in for pre-registered players, Paint Sales, & Field Map Distribution
10am – 10:45 – Game Orientation, Objective Assignments, Rules Briefing, Chronographing
11:30am – Game Begins
6:30pm – Game Ends, Awards Begin
TEAMS: GERMAN & RUSSIAN
ROLES: Medic, Engineer, Demo, Intel, Sniper
COMMAND STAFF:
German General – Mark Pastore
German XO’s – George Schaffer & Pat LaFrieda
Russian General - To Be Determined
Russian XO – To Be Determined
PAINT: EVENT PAINT ONLY! $72.00 per case and up depending on quantity purchased, plus tax. You’ll find a full list of paint prices the rates page
FILLS: Co2 and N2 Fills are now included for FREE!
RENTAL EQUIPMENT: If rental equipment is needed, there will not be an extra charge. However, you must have a major credit card to use as a security deposit until the equipment is returned. If no credit card is available, we will accept a cash deposit.
CAMO: Available for rent – $6.00 per rental
CHRONO: Chrono yourself on 280 fps max. We will check with hand-held roaming judges.
MEDIC CARDS: If you are shot, find a judge. He’ll punch your card so you can stay in the game. Receive 3 punches on your card, leave the field, report to the nearest reinsertion point.
FOOD: Available for sale throughout the game. You can also bring own.
WATER: Limited water supply at the fields, strongly recommend bringing extra water!
CREDIT CARD/CASH: Cash is preferred but we do accept all major credit cards. Travelers checks are also accepted.
ALLOWED: Lights, Paint Grenades, Perimeter Warning Devices, Night Vision Scopes, and Thermal Imagers.
PROHIBITED: Guns over 280 fps, Hot Burning Smoke, Knives, Firearms, Flares, Rope, Wire, Portable Shields.
NO Laser Sights, NO Pyrotechnics, NO Drugs, NO Alcohol
Call 1-800-SKIRMISH (1-800-754-7647) for more information/reservations!!

Last edited by druid : 11-25-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:23 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Default Re: Battle of Stalingrad, Skirmish, PA

I would... if I had a functioning gun... mainly the MR1 project I am going to start.

Btw no one can read the white font. I didnt know you lived in PA?

Holy shnikeies that looks amazing! Wow! When I finish my MR1 (or 2 not desided yet) I'm deff going there. Thats worth the 2-3 hour drive. Man oh man. Seeing that tickles my fancy.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Has Been

im game if i can get rid of the DM and get a senario gun and stuff up, i dont wanna run around with a bright red DM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:39 AM

font changed to blue/turquoise (w/e it is) for easier viewing.

Dude...they do have rentals...98Customs. Besides...go with a pack of friends and meet up with guys/teams like us for the cheaper paint rate...we do it all the time.

And yes, I live in PA...about 65 N of Killadelphia and 70 miles S of Stroudsburg...
Old 11-07-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
im game if i can get rid of the DM and get a senario gun and stuff up, i dont wanna run around with a bright red DM..
dude...that doesn't matter in the least. There were 1200 + peeps at this scenario and if I had to wager a guess...at least 4-500 had speedball markers of every type. I saw DMs, PMs, Angels, a crap-load of Cockers, Electro-Spyders of almost every make and a bunch of Shockers...
Old 11-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Sounds like fun Druid. Let me check with the Wife and a few buddies.

You ok if I bring Sara

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned

hmmm ill probably be there.only a good hour and a half drive from here
Old 11-25-2006, 12:50 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Druid. I have desided to come. Its like a 3 hour drive... but hell. To chill with some KUSA members, go to one of the largest scenarios I've seen up here, and to play some good ole paintball.... its worth it.

I think I should bring my camera and get group pics for the KUSA forums! Then we could start a new thread for "KUSA Group Paintball Pictars" lmao. (that sounded really gay haha)

Its in March? I should have my MR1 done by then.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 11-25-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf-hacker
Sounds like fun Druid. Let me check with the Wife and a few buddies.
Cool. it's a 7hr scenario, plan on being there early to sign in.
You ok if I bring Sara
works fer me...I think I wanna see Sara getting excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24
Druid. I have desided to come. Its like a 3 hour drive... but hell. To chill with some KUSA members, go to one of the largest scenarios I've seen up here, and to play some good ole paintball.... its worth it.
That's cool. Start asking around because I know there's a lot of NY'ers that come down.
I think I should bring my camera and get group pics for the KUSA forums! Then we could start a new thread for "KUSA Group Paintball Pictars" lmao. (that sounded really gay haha)
lol. I was thinking the same thing. Pics would be cool.
March 10th. I'm going to post up a list of stuff I'm taking so you guys can gauge off of that. I'll amend this:

10 March 2007 - Jim Thorpe, PA (Pocono Mountains) - Typical weather

PA mountains in March can get cold. Beginning around 0400hrs (4AM) you are looking at the possibility of 30-40* weather and always the potential of snow on the ground. Winds/gusts can get to be as high as 20mph and they can be brisk. Around 1200hrs (noon) it can get to about 50* and if the sun's out, feels very warm but you still need to be mindful of Hypothermia - especially if it rains or snows and you are wet. Around 1500hrs (3PM) the sun's going down and the area begins to cool off quickly. Game's are typically over at 1700hrs (5PM) and the awards ceremony at the end cause you to be there until about 1800hrs (6PM) or later, depending on traffic/attendance.

Here's a typical list I make for this type of scenario for this weather. Granted, it seems like I'm moving into the woods for a week but I can tell you from experience, "stuff" happens and you want the most from your day, with minimum distractions or problems.

* = See store links
** = see below list

MARKERS - I always have at least 2 spares and at least one is always a mech. This is what I'll be taking this year:

* My Stage 5 Ion, 2k1 Autococker, M98 Scenario (if I can get it done in time), PMI 68 Magnum, Traccer.
* Barrels and kit components (I use Freak)
* Batteries* for electro markers

GEAR - This is the "standard" stuff we all take:

* Hoppers and batteries* - VLocity and one grav hopper for rain/sleet
* Harness and pods (I may have a scenario vest by then, dunno yet)
* HPA tanks - CO2 isn't good for this time of year
* Remote line (if you use one)
* Tool box with all the Orings/spare parts/oils n lubes for every marker I own.
* at least 3 masks and a microfiber cloth. Antifog spray
* leg squeegee
* Gloves (I use them year round)
* Knee and Elbow pads
* Chronograph
* Lawn and Leaf garbage bags (make good rain ponchos for you and gear)
* Two portable 2-way radios with ear bud/mic
* WOOL BEANIE! Because it gets cool up there and wool=your best friend.
* Camo/tourney gear - Pants and Jersey. I will be in Camo and will have a change of clothes in cast they get wet. Peeps do wear tourney jersies. Don't feel like you're going to be out of place if you wear them
* BOOTS. I don't suggest cleats because the terrain varies from grass flatland to exposed roots and a lot of rocks...and I mean a lot. Up there, you want something with good ankle support...trust me.

PERSONAL ITEMS - These are the everyday comforts you just take to make you happy. I'm not taking all of this, it's just a general list for those of you that might want to know:

* Jacket or Parka and a hoodie. I suggest fleece because it's light, yet warm.
* a Towel in case it rains
* a personal First Aid kit (if you take meds, include them here)
* Wallet, money** /credit cards
* (eyeglasses) sunglasses + case
* keys, cell phone/charger, camera
* Change of clothes in case of bad weather
* Long underwear AKA thermals.
* Car Battery charger (power inverter for me + AC charger)
* Rain suit/poncho
* GoreTex Boot Liners*
* Thermal/wool socks
* 6" or 8" black plastic "Zip" ties. (great for emergency hold-downs, etc)
* Neck Lanyard for dog tags (proof that you paid)
* Backpack to haul your gear.
* I pack snacks for the day.
* Hydration - I use a Camelback but if you want to use bottled water...that's up to you.

* Item links -

Batteries at Home Depot
Batteries at WalMart
GoreTex Boot Liners at Sportsman's Guide

** Money notation -

PAINT - Skirmish has a FPO policy. If you buy a single case on your own, it's $100/case. If you buy paint at 12+ cases, they sell it to you at the reduced rate of $72/case (this was the price at Berlin). If you do the smart thing like us, we get a group together and even talk to small groups at the field. We co-mingle all of our resources and buy all the paint at once for the cheaper rate. I can't fathom why Skirmish doesn't just reduce the scenario price for paint because they must know that we do this. They do take credit cards but only at the proshop. If you use a credit card to pay for paint, you'll be carting that $$ around all day. I don't suggest that because if you lose it...yer SOL...anyway...that covers paint costs...

AIR - They fill 3000 and 4500 psi HPA tanks as well as CO2 cylinders. Typically, they charge $5 for 7 air fills but I heard air was going to be free at future scenarios, so I'll check the website later on and try to verify that.

Vendors - There are always vendors at the events. New markers and gear, camo sales and then the Proshop itself.

FOOD/DRINK - You can purchase food at the snack shack but it's cash only. Prices are reasonable for the standard things you get, burgers, dogs, sausage sandwiches, chips, candy, drinks, etc.

Tech services - They have an awesome tech service program that's free. The only thing you have to pay for are the cost of parts (if you need them) such as blown burst discs, gauges, fill nipples, etc. If your gun goes down, need settings redone, soldering, cocker timing, Lube services, etc...they do it and the labor is free. Chrono stations are all over the place but their batteries go dead (which is why I take my own) often. Max chrono speed is 280 fps and 3 shot minimum.

PROSHOP - It's a standard Proshop. They sell everything...Markers, hoppers, masks, squeegees, tanks, smoke/paint grenades, camo, pods, packs, vests, clothes, tourney gear, T Shirts, hoodies, stickers, posters, barrles, safety equipment...blah blah blah.

Now...I was up for Battle for Berlin (28 Oct 2006)...another 7 hr scenario. There were ~1300 people there and it poured until 0900hrs (9AM) that morning. I had the honor of being asked to join Team PennDragon for the event. They are a culmination of about 15-20 members and a very mature, honor-bound team, even though the age varies from 16-40ish. Some are formar military. I have been privelaged and invited to attend this event (Stalingrad) with them as well. We will be part of the German Defense, as we were at Berlin (In Berlin, we were outnumbered like 4:1 and we kicked their 'Allied' dumpers!!!). I'm sure there won't be any issue if there are extra members/tag-alongs.

Anyway, because of the rain I left the Ion back in the truck and took out my (almost stock) M98. I ended up swapping out to my Traccer mid-day. I went through a case by myself. With the Ion (or any other electro) I would have likely gone through 3 cases. Limited to mech/semi and pump, I was more 'choosey' with my shots. Gauge your paint/air usage around your shooting style and marker capabilities.

Smoke grenades are nice to have. There are some situations where you will need the cover to move around. Trust me.

There will be tanks there. You need a mortar or rocket launcher to take them out.

Hand-thrown paint grenades (IMO are useless in the cold) are permitted.

Full auto is not allowed but I'll tell you what...there were a few guys running around with E-gripped A5s on Auto...and they were there all day. I'm not sure if they were permitted to do so (because it's a scenario) but the field rules say "semi only."

Last edited by druid : 11-25-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24

Ace you took the words from our convo and posted them.
and i like how you cited my work right, withthe "kusa group paintball pictars". :P

im trying to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.