Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2006, 06:11 PM

Question Woman Advice - I am stumped

Well, my buddy at worked asked me for advice. I thought I knew a thing or two from dating and flirting. I was wrong. lol This has me stumped. Could go eithier way. Here it goes. I will try to make it short as possible.

There is a girl at work he noticed. Well she noticed him back. I have seen her looking over at him. So have a few others. There are like 3 or 4 guys that have told him they have seen her checking him out. Or atleast looking his way. Well one of our louder buddies actually said something to her, that he knew somebody who liked her. She asked who and said that he should come up to her that she doesn't bite.

Well he passed her in the hall one day and got the guts to say something. He asked if his buddy had said something to her and she said ya. He apologized as that seemed high schoolish. Then he asked her to lunch. This is where it gets tricky.

He asked her to lunch and she said ya but that he should know that she has a boyfriend. He says ok and kinda pauses. She then says she will go but it may be just as friends. May being the key word that stumps me. He then says thats its ok that she doesn't have to worry about it and he understands. She then asks when he goes to lunch. He says anytime. She says she goes at 11:15 and then she can go then. He again says its ok, not to worry about it cause he respects that (meaning he doesn't want to step on anybodys toes). She then says thats good cause alot of guys think that no rings means open game. But now they know each other and can say hi and stuff and she will go to lunch with him.

Now, I see alot of options here. Yes, she did throw him the friend card, however, with read between the lines type wording too IMO. MAY? may go as friends? I would think WILL go as friends. And the fact too that she is willing to go. If I had somebody I wasn't interested in or didn't find attractive ask me to lunch I would say "thanks, but I got a girlfriend and I don't think it would be appropriate."

What do you think? Friend card or is she looking to upgrade?
CIP Assault Block
Palmer Regulator
Bob Long 1200 PSI Gauge
32* Spring Kit
Old 11-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: Woman Advice - I am stumped

this is the best advice i can give you for all your girl problem needs: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1773113

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I wouldn't touch that situation till the other relationship was broken off for sure. He could be asking for more than he can handle if her b/f's name is like Lee Harvey Manson and he is in the Hells Angels or something lol -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 11-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Public Enemy #1

No ring = fair game. Plain and simple. If the girl is happy with her boyfriend, she will make it known by the way she acts. If she isn't happy, you'll have a chance.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:29 PM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
No ring = fair game. Plain and simple. If the girl is happy with her boyfriend, she will make it known by the way she acts. If she isn't happy, you'll have a chance.
Sweet, in this case, I kissed a girl who has a boyfriend....more than once!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:38 PM

LOL! That link was great too!!
CIP Assault Block
Palmer Regulator
Bob Long 1200 PSI Gauge
32* Spring Kit
Old 11-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Fluent in Stroll

the first page of that thread is retarded and you shouldnt pay much attention to it

*edit* - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post26841110 utterly amazing

Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:50 PM

I wouldnt mess with her until her relationship is over. Because people talk alot of stuff and if her boyfriend is the jealous type (which i bet he is lol since most of us guys are like that) i def. wouldnt interfere with that because he'll start thinking it as you trying to take over his spot. Anyways, if she is interested as going out to lunch "as friends" and she has a bf its prob to get to know you better and prob leave her bf for you or try and play some games. So yea those are hard situations to handle and the only advice i can give you is to becareful and make sure you support your final decision 100%. Goodluck.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy360
I wouldnt mess with her until her relationship is over. Because people talk alot of stuff and if her boyfriend is the jealous type (which i bet he is lol since most of us guys are like that) i def. wouldnt interfere with that because he'll start thinking it as you trying to take over his spot. Anyways, if she is interested as going out to lunch "as friends" and she has a bf its prob to get to know you better and prob leave her bf for you or try and play some games. So yea those are hard situations to handle and the only advice i can give you is to becareful and make sure you support your final decision 100%. Goodluck.
If you want to beat someone up because someone stole your girlfriend, you need to rethink your outlook on life. 99.9% of the time if she left you for someone else, either A) you messed up, or B) she's a crackhead and not worth the trouble.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:21 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Red face Re: Woman Advice - I am stumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
If you want to beat someone up because someone stole your girlfriend, you need to rethink your outlook on life. 99.9% of the time if she left you for someone else, either A) you messed up, or B) she's a crackhead and not worth the trouble.
Little story: I was talking to a lawyer a few years ago and he suddenly said, "Hey! Aren't you **** that used to go to ********* school?" and I said ya. I really didn't remember him since he was in a couple grades lower than me but we got on the subject of old friends. I said have you seen ***** ******* and he said he's dead. I says WTF happened. He said well ***** was messing around with a married woman and her husband shot him in the face point blank -

Anyways you're talking about getting beat up but it can be much worse depending on the person. I feel the same way you do that it's not worth the trouble but there are some crazy's out there no matter if they're married or not. Just a word to the wise -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216