Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

Default Class Rank

well i just got my class rank today, and i was curious to see how smart the spyder community is.

my rank currently is 25 out of 437, with a 96.25 weighted average (GPA: 4.1)

i need to move up 4 spots to make top 5 percent, but thats probably not going to happen with my AP euro class going the way it is...
Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Has Been

Default Re: Class Rank

good job!
keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:27 PM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

i was sooo smart they couldn't rank me, then I took the optional second senior year of high school...
Old 11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

class rank doesnt mean all that much when just going to my school and not failing garuntees you a decent (not teh suck) college.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:58 PM

congrats man. I was like 200 out 0f 500 somethin. Colleges look heavily on your SAT?ACT score rather than class rank. I got a 28 on my ACT and got a good scholarship. As long as you have a good sat/act, which im sure you do, and a good class rank youll be set.
2k2 OSKUSA.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

i do pretty well on those in general, the school does very well despite the ranges of grades. frankly im amazed at the number of alums that come back saying they are like twice a prepared (especially since the people who come back were slackers)
Old 11-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Spyder Addict

well, im 5th out of 120ish, and a serious underacheiver. my best friend is the valedictorian, and we're always joking about how if i cared, i could take his place. im not a fan of standardized tests. they're too easy, i think. maybe not for everyone, but if you know how to take em and dont get test anxiety, they're a piece of cake. the science tests (at least from the ACT and the texas state test) are always ridiculously easy. the answers are right in front of you 100% of the time. you just have to know what to look for and not let the wording confuse you. and ill be the first to tell you my high test scores dont mean jack. (not to brag, but im talking HIGH test scores) really selective schools look at way more than just grades and test scores. as they should. they're meaningless unless you take them in context with everything else about a person.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe
congrats man. I was like 200 out 0f 500 somethin. Colleges look heavily on your SAT?ACT score rather than class rank. I got a 28 on my ACT and got a good scholarship. As long as you have a good sat/act, which im sure you do, and a good class rank youll be set.
actually class rank plays a huge role (according to the guidance and admissions officers i've talked to) and standardized tests are playing less of a role than they used to. they are actually very biased whereas class rank isnt biased at all. example, the math section of the SATs doesnt go any higher than geometry... i took geometry in 8th grade. when you dont take a class for 3 years you tend to forget alot of it. both me and the valedictorian of my class got 1950s on our SATs, thats really not that great. another kid i know really isnt that smart, but he got a 2300. he is just one, a really good test taker and two, all the stuff was fresh in his mind.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Class rank ment nothing to me. I had a 3.75 GPA and was ranked like 835 out of like 875. I think to even make the top 650 you had to take some kind of honor coarse b/c it was over a 4.00. Everybody at my school went to summer school to take extra classes and took prep classes for ACT and STA test.

funny story(to me anyway):

The school counselors called me into to there office about half way through my senior year and told me if i didn't start picking it up, o noes not all A's and B's , that i would never get in to UT or texas a&m. I simply looked her in the eyes and said I don't want to go to either of those schools. She looked at me in a state of shock for about 2 mins without saying anything then told me I could leave. She even called my parents, they basicly repeated the same thing i did.

In high school I did anything i wanted to have fun and didn't study anything for sat and act, AKA I had a good time without worrying about if I was ranked high enough.

As for the the people that constanly worry about things like class rank and everything good for them, they went way over the high school standards. while they stay in college busting there butt to stay ahead of everybody else I am at cummunity college taking welding classes with a part time job. I will make more money my first year out of college that they won't make in a year for probably another 10 years.

***This is my opinion, not ment to flame anyone that worrys about class rank and stuff like that.***

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 11-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

Nice work Moo!!!!!
(I was 89th out of 1677....big senior class eh?)
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0